1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Alan Hahn: If Rockets can find a taker, they will definitely trade Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. figment

figment Member

[​IMG]

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

LIN+ASIK+DMO for MELO ?

3. Pete the Cheat

It's posters like you that makes me hope he gets traded to the Bobcats

2 people like this.
  4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Member

I like Lin, but will be glad when he is gone just to get rid of all the drama around here.

5. MichaelG281713

Lol. Not getting a star for Lin.

Too funny.

6. MichaelG281713

Then why didn't the Knicks match the offer...

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I like Lin.

But if it means the Lin obsessives leave, I'm in support.

8. jtr

jtr Member

Hahn is a complete hack and it is amazing that he can raise such a ruckus. It may say something about the awareness and intelligence of CF posters.

9. saleem

saleem Member

I never said that. Multiple picks plus Chandler, and Asik, DMo might give us an outside chance of obtaining one. Morey might go that route, if he thinks we need one.
    I am also not advocating for making such a move either.

10. across110thstreet

they weren't desperate then like they are now, obvi

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Sounds like his "personal opinion" then any fact.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The guy is trying to pass off his personal oppinion as fact. That's what hack journalists do.

13. jtr

jtr Member

Hahn does not seem to understand the difference between a cap hit and a salary. So IMHO he is ignorant and should not be quoted on this board.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Chris Jent MVP faints. No way in hell lin was going to be traded...al the rockets were doing was raising Beverly's trade value :rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. MichaelG281713

That's not just Morey. Outside of star players, every player on every team is available for the right price. So, that's just stating the obvious.

In this case of Lin, we'll be lucky if we don't lose any assets in dumping his contract.

Casual fans see the flashiness and think Lin is worth the money. Problem is, you don't need to spend 8 or 15 mil on a backup PG in today's NBA. Especially one that can't give you that same spark come playoff time. Hell, you can just pick up a decent backup like AB on minimal contract, while you let a guy like Canaan grow in the D-league. Unless you have a legit, star PG, you have to take what the league gives you (which is cheap, sufficient PG's). Morey finds them all over the place with ease.

Best to part ways with Lin ASAP, allocate the money more efficiently, then let the team build chemistry.

16. solid

solid Member

With Morey as the GM, shuffling the deck is always possible. I like Lin, but I think his contract is a bit pricey so who knows. If someone wants him enough to take the contract, they will probably get him.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What's the point of dumping him if we get nothing in return

he's scoring like 15 points a game on 50% shooting which is quite nice for the bench.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Packaging Asik, Jones, and Lin (if necessary) would be ideal if we can get a good PF. TJ is not the answer.

19. lin00

lin00 Member

I guess that Rockets set a relatively high price tag, maybe a non-lottery mid first round pick (?). If Lin continues to play hard and produce like before his injury. Rockets will hold till summer and not be in any hurry. If I am Lin, I do pull an Asik act to force an action. Lin won't do it though.

20. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Didn't you read what he said? It's because Lin's obviously a backup. Don't let the stats fool you. He's backup worthy and he's getting paid way too much for a backup. Therefore, we need to dump him no matter what.