1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. DuDDleyDawsonII

Sorry this is my first thread I should have made a poll. Can a mod add a poll to see how many people would pay Horford 25-30 plus million dollars.

1 person likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Yao team was derailed by injuries unfortunately. But that was built in large part through the draft. Yao was a #1 pick. Battier was acquired in a trade for the #8 pick. Brooks was a first rounder. Landry was an early 2nd rounder. And those first two players came via the lottery. Which goes to prove that often times there is something to be gained from having losing seasons and racking up ping pong balls.

I honestly have no idea what the hell Philly is doing. They appear to be tanking, but to what end I have no idea. It doesn't seem like they're building towards anything there. I will point out though that the last time they had a good team there, it was centered around Allen Iverson, a former #1 pick.

As for the Pistons, you're right that Dumars built that 2004 title team with a lot of trades. The only prominent draftees were Prince and Okur. Well, unless you count Lindsey Hunter who was originally drafted by Detroit in the 90's and then reacquired in a trade before that championship season. Ironically, their highest draft pick(the #2 selection in 2003) was wasted on Darko. But I will note that this was one of the most unique title teams in the history of the NBA. They had no superstars on their roster which is unheard of.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know if I mentioned, but back when the Hawks were in town, I was sitting there thinking, Is Horford auditioning for the Rockets? All of a sudden he went on this three-point shooting barrage (for which we made no adjustments, naturally).

4. craguin

craguin Member

Al Horford 30 Pts Full Highlights Hawks vs Rockets December 29, 2015 NBA 2015 16 Season:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KMbPu-4lYVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. craguin

craguin Member

Bobby Marks - Summer agenda: Atlanta Hawks

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You're sort of proving his point though. Only the first two you named off were lottery. And the eighth pick isn't that high. Brooks and Landry were not got from losing seasons. We have our lottery pick (not literally) in Harden.

It just so happens this year is the one year we don't have our pick. But again, that was just a miscalculation that any other GM would have also made. Trading away our first rounder after the season we had to gamble on Ty Lawson.

Man he was so bad he really did set us back. And the next domino was the axed Dmo trade. And then making the playoffs rather than getting that 12th pick and possibly interviewing more coaches (Brooks and Thibideau, not that they would have necessarily end up here). I just re-lived this season. Sheesh that was bad.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Given their defensive effort all season....it would seem every player on every team may have been auditioning for the rockets.

8. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

I think Horford will stay in Atlanta or go to Portland.

9. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Rather have Horford over Dwight for the money we're paying him.

10. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

"Defend"?

Horford can guard 3's, D-Mo can't

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, but he can defend 4's and 5's which is pretty good.

12. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Al Horford sucks he can not guard 3s you guys must have not seen him play he's slow he shoots to much to not be a great shooter and is a terrible rebounder whose soft just wait till dwights gone and we have al Horford I promise you dwights better than al horford **** d-mo might be better

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Horford is a massive upgrade over Dwight - just look at the stats. He can shoot so he's a better fit with Harden

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Horford
    Beasley
    ???????
    Harden
    Sergio

Running the Suns offense...not bad. Sergio and our next wing player would determine how good we could be.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He also makes Terrence Jones look like Dennis Rodman on the rebound side.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way that Horford or any worth a damn big man chooses to come play for Mike D'Antoni so we can forget about that. That said, he'll love guys like Beasley that play no defense whatsoever.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody makes Terrence Jones look like Dennis Rodman.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woj said that it's likely that Al Horford resigns with Atlanta. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/746177076500250624">June 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. rockets13champs

We need to really have everyone at the horford meeting

20. arjun

arjun Member

hakeem clyde and crew huh?