1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Horford meeting with Rockets on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Durant to SacTown confirmed.

2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Here to confirm. I checked weeks ago and he was following.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't think a 2nd fish is required, to sign via max contract anyway. Rockets could trade for Bledsoe/Noel or some other value player to partner up with Horford and Harden.

Horford as a spread 4 and D-Mo at the 5 would pose some interesting problems for opposing teams. Only problem is rim protection.

Rockets could sign 2 or 3 lower tiered players for the cost of 1 max guy. Usually Rockets want as many max players as possible, except this is a weird market, only 3 guys deserve max contracts: Lebron, Durant and possibly Horford.

Sign a couple of 2nd or even 3rd tier guys with huge upside, high risk/reward or great fit. Larry Sanders, Eric Gordon, Deng, Dudley, Stephenson, Bazemore, Gentile, etc. Claim Inglis off waivers, sign some high upside D leaguers like Putney, Perry Jones, Russ Smith. Trade for Willie Cauley-Stein, Nerlens Noel or Eric Bledsoe.

Harden
    Eric Gordon
    Jared Dudley
    Al Horford
    D-Mo

Off the bench: Beasley, Lance Stephenson, Gentile, Brewer (need to keep one of Horford's friends), Larry Sanders, Harrell, Putney, Goudelock, Nanu, G2, keep final spot open for MLE/LLE (in season pick up)

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm hoping we land this big fish.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Horford to OKC to play alongside Oladipo, Westbrook and Durant makes a lot of sense unfortunately. I mean can you blame him? That's about the best scenario talent wise he could land in.

I want to believe that Durant really just wants a change of scenery and to play with Harden and Horford in Houston. Just doesn't seem very realistic.

6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Does Horford want to sign long term just for Durant and Russ to possibly leave next season?

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

How does OKC make that work?

8. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Guys, KD aint coming here. I doubt he'd care if we even signed Horford. He's staying IN OKC, getting a meeting would have been nice but its really telling that we didnt. Rough offseason has just begun!

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly don't know how twitter works, I thought he just started following him today.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not know how players view Mike D'Antoni now.

The failure that he was with 3 teams or the great architect of the Suns (he still would be nothing without Nash)

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

They are looking for a team to dump Kanter and Singler. Lakers are a team that is capable of absorbing that salary and might do so since they aren't getting any meetings with top FA's, and never count out the 76ers from taking a lot of salary.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Ariza, Horford, Noel front-court would be good enough to do it.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I just wanted to point out that a bench of Beasley, Stephenson, Brewer, Harrell and Sanders is totally hilarious.... LOL let's combine all the dumbest players in the NBA and see what happens!!

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mmmh, i'm sure they still hope to meet Durant and Westbrook next summer so, they have no reason to help the Thunder...they're also probably going after Cousins as soon as he's going to be available, i really don't think they've enough interest in Kanter, just my two cents though.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

So how do you propose for OKC to shed the necessary cap room to sign Horford?

Kanter is signed for $54 million over the next 3 years. He's got to go.

They justed guaranteed Ersan Ilyasova's $8 million contract. He'd have to go.

Singler is owed $15 million over the next 3. Gone.

Meanwhile, the rockets only really need to shed one contract (Brewer) to sign both Durant and Horford to max deals.

16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Theres alot of teams with Cap room who are goin to overpay guys, Kanters deal isnt that bad in the new cap system.

Ersan can be waived apparently with next to nothing counting against the cap and singlers deal also wont be hard to move.
    Meeks has a couple of years left is injured and only cost a 2nd rounder to move I believe.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I seriously doubt Kanters contract is moveable. He's almost unplayable against most teams. Honestly, I'm not even sure if they could move it if they included Cameron Payne and Sabonis.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is Ersan contract guaranteed now?

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Meeks is an expiring, and the Magic wanted him, they traded a second rounder to Detroit, not the other way.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It's not my proposal but the rumor is alive and is all over the Internet. With basically every team having excess cap room it would be easy to move Kanter and anything else necessary.