1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Gore becomes a Cartoon!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dc sports, May 18, 2000.

1. dc sports

dc sports Member

Funny story. I guess they felt he wasn’t animated enough. [​IMG]

Al Gore to Guest star on Futurama http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/gist/wed04.asp

May 16, 2000 — Vice President Al Gore will lend his voice to the season finale of Futurama. According to the Associated Press, the presidential candidate, who counts Futurama among his favorite shows, will play himself on the May 21 episode (Fox, 7 p.m. ET) of Matt Groening's animated space series. The installment finds Fry (voice of Billy West), a 20th-century guy living in the 30th century, going back in time to 1999 to see what his life was like back then. He doesn't like what he sees, and it's up to Gore and his team of Action Rangers to send Fry back to the future. Physicist Stephen Hawking, Dungeons & Dragons creator Gary Gygax and Star Trek's Nichelle Nichols also star. —Christine Champagne, Gist TV Staff

------------------
    Stay Cool...

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Gore is trash.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Wow, Dean. Kind of a downer post in what was meant to be a humerous non-political thread!

DC: You find the most interesting stuff!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited May 19, 2000).]

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'm sorry for my post. [​IMG] I still don't like Gore though. [​IMG]

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

5. dc sports

dc sports Member

Don't worry about it. [​IMG]

Personally, I think he can be a likeable fellow. I think he'd be a riot as a neighbor. But, I have reservations about his choice of company.

I just think it's hilarious that a Presidential Candidate, a person who aspires to hold the highest office in the most powerful nation on the planet, is going to become a cartoon alien on the Simpsons (spinoff) as part of his campaign strategy. That's politics.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

Aw shucks... [​IMG]

It popped up on the MSN homepage, and I thought it was kind of funny.

I find it interesting the hoops that politicians jump through during an election year to get "closer to the people." Pie eating contests, appearances on Opra, playing a saxaphone on Letterman. With recent accusations of Washington elitism, and the candidates trying to soften their image, I bet we'll see some crazy stuff this year.

It's going to be a crazy year! [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

dead on, DC. Personally, I find politics as a whole just bizarre. Where else is it necessary to kiss babies and kiss ass in order to get a job.

Think about it: if the way we all got jobs was done like a political campaign, we'd all be out of work! I just can't imagine having to tell people exactly what they want to hear all day even if I didn't believe it. What a soul-less job!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. dc sports

dc sports Member

Amen.

Wouldn't it be great to have a politician who said how he/she felt? Or at least said "I have mixed feelings, but I'm voting this way because that's what the people in my district believe."

We've got a few good politicians out there, and some with good intentions, but they don't ever seem to make it to the top.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

dc: you and I think a lot alike - wouldn't it just be killer to hear a politican say, "You know what? Last week I had a guy offer me $50,000 and a trip to Fiji on his company's private jet if I voted "yes" on a bill that would benefit his company. I told him to kiss my ass!"

Ahhh, wishful thinking.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Jeff, I totally agree with your beliefs 100%. This is a big reason why I don't vote....do you? If you do, what is your justification for doing so?

------------------
    "We're sitting there, shooting alcohol into our veins...

We could just drink it!"

-Tommy Lee