1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

That's some great parenting there...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For how horrific 911 was we are losing about a 911 worth of Americans every two days to COVID-19. We need to remember that and if 911 changed everything we should be willing to do what it takes to fight this disease.

GRENDEL, dmoneybangbang and Xerobull like this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If we compare 9/11 to covid, does that mean we have to invade China and be there for 1,000 years?

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I will forever hate this day

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would hope we have learned enough lessons to never let an attack by airplane ever happen again in this country. Let's face it...before 9/11...nobody thought something like this was even possible. We didn't know how crazy the worst people in the world could act. The idea that somebody would use an airliner as a missile just wasn't on our radar. We had to be woken up to the worst that was out there in the world. I believe this was a one time deal for the terrorists. They caught the world off-guard. But, not anymore. Unfortunately, they killed a lot of innocent people that day...which led to war that killed hundreds of thousands more.

A lot of us never realized how much evil was in the world until 9/11. And, anyone that could take pleasure in what they saw happen that day truly have no God nor are they bound by any religion. They are just pure evil and deserve a fate just as worse. I think we should make KSM take a walk off the new WTC and see how he likes it.

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I have family in New York, everyone lived far enough away and was okay thank God. But I remember as a kid visiting the World Trade and having to turn my neck completely up to see the top of the towers from the street level.

Went on the roof tour and remember the Statue of Liberty looked like a toy figure in the view. After seeing the sheer massiveness of them up close, it was amazing that those had collapsed.

Terrible tragedy, I remember the 24/7 news forever and all the prayer vigils for the victims, NYPD and fire dept. Rest in peace.

CCity Zero, Yung-T and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Surfguy

At least you will always have that memory. I could not go up there. I never saw the WTC towers in person. I get dizzy just thinking about how tall they were. I've also had nightmares on occasion about them since 9/11. In fact, had one two nights ago because of all the TV coverage due to the anniversary. I guess I'm not conditioned to be that high up. I couldn't do it. I mean...I could...but I would be having a bad time even if the views were majestic.

I've always been amazed at watching people building skyscrapers on documentaries. I guess you lose the fear of being high up after a while.

I know Alex Honnold of "Free Solo" fame, per the El Capitan climb without ropes, said he's not afraid of heights versus afraid of falling. That's a tough distinction to make in my book.

#248 Surfguy, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do not, do not, do not try to watch Man on a Wire. Don't even look at the cover picture. (But some of you folks might like a wacky story about ...
    someone illegally walking a tightrope between those two towers, check it out.)

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you're on the board anymore, but reading this today, I realize we were not that far apart. I was on 20th/bway, and my wife was in Soho, Broadway and Prince, and the had a birds eye view from the roof of their building.

a friend texted me a while ago about watching the Verdi Requiem/Met Opera this evening, and I can't...it's still too raw.

hope you're ok, and all the other NY Clutchfan denizens, including @across110thstreet.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Hell no, they know martial arts and have the 10 rings. No more wars!!

#251 VanityHalfBlack, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Seen the film and documentary. Crazy stuff.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Find the 2019 deaths to the 2020 deaths. Total deaths. Still looking for that number (and I've already seen the CDC fudge the number like never before)

Get out of here with this ****.

Not the time. The day. Or the place. I worked there.

RKREBORN likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Every year I post the same video. Incredibly powerful.

This year it has been deleted by youtube. Can't find it anywhere.

**** our society.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Buddy of mine today respecting 9/11.

[​IMG]

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This thread made me remember a story from George W Bush. My wife and I attended a charity event in which the keynote speaker was George W Bush (maybe it was Celebration of Reading for his Mom?). Anyways, he was telling a story about 9/11 and the reaction from world leaders. He said the very FIRST call from a world leader, perhaps just a couple hours after the second plane hit and the world knew the US was was under attack was from Prime Minister Koizumi of Japan. Japan was the first country to offer aid (there were tons of Japanese rescue workers at ground zero) and Japan was ready to "immediately go to full scale war" in support of their ally.

Yung-T, DaDakota, ROCKSS and 7 others like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When I say it's crazy how much things change in 20 years, this story just shows it's even crazier the change in 50 years.

TexasTofu, Yung-T, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

maybe a good reason to maintain hope - not necessarily blind optimism - but hope.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If they had a channel on TV dedicated to filming Covid wings and patients for a week straight, This country would be at like 85% vaccination.

It's the same reason why the Pentagon ****ed up ending the access they did during the end of the Vietnam war. Americans only care when they see it on TV. You disrupt the regularly scheduled Sitcom with images of badly wounded soldiers and people get upset and remember there's a war going on.

#260 REEKO_HTOWN, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    DaDakota likes this.