1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ahmad Khan Rahami: US blasts suspect a 'very friendly guy'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's really stupid to make up hypotheticals of what the FBI would conclude if anyone here was to go on a killing spree - I hope that that will never ever be necessary, and I don't think it will - but...since you started it...weapons training, anger issues, resentment because of perceived slights against family.

There, you see how easy it is to make up an insulting hypothetical.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guess I have anger issues because I tend to use profanity? That's stems more from 4 years in the Marine Corps. Definitely not anything out of the ordinary. The FBI is looking for out of the ordinary. A large portion of 40 thousand posts dedicated to one topic which centers around having a negative perception of a certain religious group that is completely irrelevant to the message board's topic is out of the ordinary. Again, they are looking for psychopathic tendencies. Being 'outraged' at another poster like Honey Bear for making broad accusations about a group of people is not in the realm of psychopathic tendencies.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Whatever makes you happy - even if it is to act as an online mental health diagnostician ;).

If it makes you feel any better, I am not consumed by the topic in real life. This is the only place I discuss the issue.

And given the state of the Rockets in recent years, you have to wonder what is less depressing, discussing the Rockets or discussing the dangers of a certain ideology.

As to "irrelevant to the message board's topic": I came here because I am a Rockets fan. There are subforums to discuss various issues. This one is for politics. With that line of reasoning, you could say all the Trump threads, Gordita threads, etc. etc. are "irrelevant to the message board's topic".

4. Buck Turgidson

No doubt, this is the only way to catch these people beforehand is someone turning them in. This also just underscores how incredibly difficult policing a country like ours is. They cant throw the guy in jail 2 years ago if he's not an imminent threat. They can't watch him and tap his communications 24/7 in perpetuity if he's done nothing wrong.

This sucks, but it is how it is in America.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We have the same problem in Europe.

I am against Guantanamo, but I figure the objective of having Guantanamo - while its legality under international law is more than questionable - is to basically lock away ticking time bombs where you know it is not a matter of "if" but "when" until they would mass murder people.

You just have to wonder how many people the guys locked up in Guantanamo would have murdered in the meantime.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a pattern in all of these attacks so far within the u.s. In each instance, the perpetrator was someone who was fairly American who became radicalized. It should also be noted they all seemed to have psychological issues, much like ATW.

#66 Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No kidding. Thanks for this revelation. So far, I thought it was the non-radicals who blew people up.