1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AHH! HELP ME FIX MY PC! (about:blank)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LooneyToon, Aug 7, 2004.

1. LooneyToon

LooneyToon Contributing Member

It's acting funky. Last night I had to restart it, when it turned back on, it was "starting up" and froze there. I would cut it off, cut it back on and it always got stuck in the same place. I did that atleast 10 times. This morning, I cut it on and it works fine. I run Adaware, and "TweakNow RegCleaner" to get rid of all that crap, and now when I go to a website, i.e. bbs.clutchcity.net... it acts as if its going to the page, it'll show the different forums, and then it goes to this about:blank page. It did it as I was on my way to making this thread! I've deleted my files, cookies, history... everything. Need some major help here guys.

2. daNasty

daNasty Member

3. daNasty

daNasty Member

Be sure to update the software after installing it.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Run Spybot Search and Destroy in addition to Adaware (which you've already done).

You might also want to try:
    <a href="http://www.download.com/CWShredder/3000-8022_4-10301586.html">CW Shredder</a>
    and / or
    <a href="http://www.download.com/3000-8022-10129149.html?tag=prod">WinPatrol</a>

I haven't used either of those two yet, but I've heard very good things about both.

Then start using a <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox">superior browser</a>.

7. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

These are all great ideas, but you really might want to consider completely reloading your machine. I know it's a bit extreme, but it might be the only way you'll be able to completely eradicate all that crap.