1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ah good ole Utah fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Apr 28, 2018.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I think they're just disconnected goofy ass people. Mormons are mostly nice polite people but just look at how people from other uber religous areas of the world act. The ugly side is pretty ugly. Repression is bad folks.

ThatGuyJoe and mario_v like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Cult mentality with no filter and arena security to save them. I found a little pleasure how quick the Jazz fan who was insulting Westbrook back the **** up and sit down when Russ checked him. Safe space for people living out a fantasy.

Plowman likes this.
  3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The slave part about Capela, very racist statement...lol

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, I saw comments about that after the fact. I can’t listen to the guy honestly . . . kinda like Kellerman. I suspect the guy isn’t all there.

5. theimpossibles1

Who's the massa now!?!

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  6. Rockets01

Rockets01 Member

Theirs a good number of crappy fans with every team, i'm not sure why the media is singling Utah out.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Plenty of Mitt Romneys in H-town? You mean very rich, successful people who've never done anything to deserve being called a racist? Yes, you are right we do have a lot of those.

We also have a lot of people in HTown who label people racists for no reason other than being white.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

[​IMG]

9. SuraGotMadHops

Shame on that guy. But equal shame on Fisher for exploiting his daughter's illness as a way to squirm his way out of Utah and back to the Lakers. Shame on the Fisher for messing with other player's wives. Shame on Fisher for plowing into Luis Scola on purpose. Basically, shame on Fisher for being one of the biggest d-bags in all of sports.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am glad Texas is free from racists.

11. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

^^^^^ This.

They've always been this way. Jazzholes.

Don't forget their employees....."clock management"...

From Larry Miller, to Sloan, Stockton, Malone, the fans, etc.....

12. txppratt

txppratt Member

utah's fan base does deserve its reputation - i've lived here since 97. they've historically been low IQ fans, simply passionate for their team. And that really hasnt changed. their local sportscasters attempt to sound informed with analysis, big data these days... and fans buy right into it because it's the first time they've seen any advanced stats - (more like JC denton stats), but you get what i'm saying, they think it's advanced.

utahns are zombies - they simply hate the 'other' team - and that's why it's a tough place to play on the road (to their credit). On sunday i literally got dozens of curse laden texts from friends (jazzholes) who hate james harden... saying he's the worst, horrible for the league, etc... but in reality... they don't hate james, they fear him!! and that fear comes out as hate because they all know he's better than any player to ever don a jazz uniform.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just send this to any Utah fan.

[​IMG]

14. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You do realize that it has been reported numerous times by opposing players that Utah fans have hurled racial slurs at them?

Here is an article by a writer from SLC where he takes their own fans to task for their behavior. This was written during the last series.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/comm...sell-westbrook-is-right-about-some-jazz-fans/

RKREBORN and D-rock like this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Salt lake is a cesspool.....

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I hate the dude with a passion but his daughter has nothing to do with it.

17. Zboy

Zboy Member

Bet it was plain cheese pizza.

Everything about Utah is boring.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

F* anything NE as well.. especially Boston. Boston has to be the most racist city I have ever been to.

Louka and BONIERO1576 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I like Utah as a state. It has incredible scenery great skiing and for the most part I’ve been treated well by people. The Jazz and their fans are another matter.

As I said in another thread. The Rockets and Jazz hatred is deep and eternal and we should teach it to our young..

heypartner and Williamson like this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

Well there is no pure given proof but I would find it an odd a fan would be racist given the team their rooting for is majority black players

Regardless I’m sure their are some racist in Utah but I don’t think a handful of fans speak for all of them

I think we can agree they are heckling fans and say some pretty crappy stuff compared to most fans

Also your article didn’t mention anything about racist comments just the fans being asses

Don’t get it twisted though Utah and their fans can get it I’m not devending their disgusting behavior just don’t think you should throw out “racist” at everything you don’t like spec to a whole fan base