1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AGW: The Fiddling with Temperature Data is the Biggest Science Scandal Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Homewood also created some animated gifs for the weather stations in Paraguay, which contrast the old data as it was originally recorded from the thermometers, with the "new" massaged numbers that GISS now publishes.

The deception is obvious:

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It it were not so sad it would be hilarious.

No one has been deprived to access to electricity by the way, and no one is saying they should be. That's the big lie here.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you link to a credible news source?

Not a wordpress blog. I mean, seriously?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Do you mean can I link to a leftist news source that refuses to publish anything on this topic that contradicts the propaganda talking points of the AGW alarmists in any way or for any reason?

LOL.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I guess he's got you there, case closed.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You haven't once discredited the counter-argument in the video, particularly on the calibration matter of the instruments used.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mojo's source has the technical capability to create animated gifs.

I'm convinced.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol...

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Hey, it is snowing in the Northeast. Right now. I've seen it on the news. Real video. Live video happening as we speak.

Climate change debunked.

11. Major

Major Member

And people wonder why people say the right is anti-science when the response to scientific explanations is "Yawn".

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you know how a debate works? Evidence was provided. You provided a claim that science global warming data was bogus. The debunking of your claim was also posted with evidence as to why it was debunked. You've claimed that evidence was BS, but refused to address your thoughts or evidence as to why. You've provided nothing.

If you understood the way a discussion or debate works you'd understand that it's your turn to provide evidence. We're still waiting on that.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I for one welcome our new reptilian overlords.

1 person likes this.
  14. bongman

bongman Member

Get with the program man. If it is in the internet, it is true. Just like I never have to go the doctor because I can go to webMD and do self diagnosis. Hopefully you don't have to but if you will ever need a surgery, just ping me. I dont have a degree but I am sure I can figure it out. :)

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Since Mojo is either unwilling or unable to provide a direct refutation to this video I'm going to raise some of my concerns.

I'm somewhat troubled by NOAA's calibration corrections to the data as without knowing more it seems somewhat arbitrary to take measurements from other stations nearby and then determine some level of calibration to the data. While it does make sense that anomalous readings at one location might be due to a calibration error in old equipment on the other hand this could also mean that there actually is something anomalous about the weather in that region. To me it seems like it might be better accepting the data as is (with the caveat that the equipment there was old). Than to correct that material.

Granted I don't think a 4 and half minute video can explain fully how these calibration corrections where made.

Anyway even accepting the straight data from these localized readings I think we would need to see much much more to say this overthrows the idea of AGW. There are lots of other data showing that warming is happening and to argue that because a handful of stations showed cooling would be like saying that there isn't a bull market because a handful of stocks were dropping.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If you stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night too you can have my medical business.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brian Williams reported it, so obviously, global warming is happening..

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You want to know more about how temp are "reconstructed", see the following links for some examples (there are many mores). All of these are public info along with their method of reconstruction. This isn't "I'm hiding the data" or "the method". Where did the raw data came from the 1st place? It was public info. Folks need to remember, the Scientific process require public disclosure of all data, all methods. This is what allow other Scientists (and even non-scientists) to reviews, analyze, and come to a better understanding over time.

NOAA GHCN

NASA GISTEMP

CRU CRUTEMP

A method to reconstruct temperature without any dependency on thermometer

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member