1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agree or disagree: this is by far the most disappointing season in Rockets history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Feb 11, 2016.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Harden & Howard could have had a better supporting cast if he hadn't kept on chasing stars. He ended up with what was left over and not even second or third choices.

It has always been that way under Les's ownership though. Going after the big names, that is.

2. Marteen

Marteen Member

Most disappointing? No. Most underachieved? I would think so.

3. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Yes. The Pippen season was the worst. And then the season ending with him, from what I remember, basically falling down after controlling an inbound pass down with only seconds left in an elimination game.

4. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I remember. Sampsons foot. Wiggins and Lew Lloyd snorting some nose candy. The Seattle f'ing Supersonics.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do we know Harden isnt snorting some nose candy?

Shawn Kemp also got fat suddenly...

6. mdoggnic

He's landed quite a few too. Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, TMac, Harden, and D12 in a 22 year span would make quite a few owners very jealous.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Kemp loved his food

9. mdoggnic

Wouldnt surprise me

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We know 75% of the Kardashians clan has been in rehab...

11. mdoggnic

He also loved not wrapping with multiple women

12. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Very dissapointed in this season.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not even close. You had to be there to feel the disappointment of having Wiggins and Lloyd taken from the team by drug issues.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I've been a fan since late 70's and have suffered through many disappointing seasons, but yea nothing comes anywhere close to that kick in the nuts ..still hurts to think back on it

15. vick

vick Member

The season that hurt more was the Stockton shot that kept them from playing Chicago in the finals.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

That team at least had injuries and drug suspensions to point to for the drop off.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'm a rockets fan from many many years back in the good old Dale Harris days and I have to admit this has gotta be one of the most disappointing seasons I've ever experienced as a die hard Rockets fan.

Morey and Les are going to have an extremely tough decision to make in the next several days in trading Howard for players that can help them for this season or picks and players for the future. The big question is can this team without Howard or depending on who'm they trade Howard for win a playoff series? Is it time to shut down Harden and position for next season. No one saw this coming I guarantee you that.

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If you were born after 1990, there's a 17% chance Shawn Kemp is your biological father.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

87 and 99

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ish hitting the fan now</p>&mdash; Ty Lawson (@TyLawson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/TyLawson3/status/698112176385445888">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>