1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

I think it would look bad on his image if he went back though, he would be known for how many times he swapped teams. Unless he won like 2 more titles w/Cleveland. That's why I really think he's staying he doesn't want to be looked bad upon.

2. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

@WojYahooNBA: Within Heat, still confidence they'll keep LeBron James. They know difference between his agent's agenda, and James' strong mind of his own.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sounds like Miami is extremely worried! LOl

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ethan J. Skolnick:

One report I've read that connects a lot of dots is Woj's report about the push to get LeBron back to Cleveland. Talking to people around the Heat, there was confidence LeBron was coming back but they couldn't account what the people closest to him would be telling him.

Bosh stuff, talking to people close to Chris, I don't know where the idea is coming from he's looking to leave. If LeBron leaves, would Chris look elsewhere? Of course he'd explore his options. It's your job as an agent to explore what's out there. To say Chris is the fulcrum of this...no. If LeBron leaves, Chris will look elsewhere but nothing I've heard about Chris...this started a week ago that Chris agreed to terms for 11 million. He was looking for something starting at $15 and willing to bend a little. Nothing I've heard has changed on that. You have a network with 4 guys reporting 4 different guys. Guys close to LeBron have been saying he's staying, up until yesterday. I don't know what that means. If what Woj is reporting that Paul is trying to get him back to Cleveland, I have a feeling I know who his source is, then I believe that report.

The idea the Heat would have $10-12 million to spend, again, not true.

The Yahoo report today, that connects dots for me I've had trouble connecting.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

DA getting restless. Lol

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Exactly what I thought when I heard this crap last night. Nothing but made up speculation fueling a 24 hour news cycle.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Charlotte's Josh McRoberts emerging as serious free agent candidate for Miami, sources tell Yahoo. Realistic option at mid-level exception.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/486192740079001601">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Josh McRoberts is deciding between aggressive offers from both Miami and Charlotte. Bobcats trying to keep him from Heat</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/486194841877889024">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Anyone who knows LeBron well knows his decision will be made by him alone, not by Rich Paul, Maverick Carter or Pat Riley...</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/486194840951353345">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

#1488 J.R., Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

McRoberts doesn't make much sense to me. He's repetitive on a roster with Lebron and Bosh. Good for the bench, but he doesnt fill their voids of a playmaker and rim protector.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nor does he help limit Wade's minutes at all. If I'm Lebron, looking at a rookie pooping his bed in summer league, plus Josh McRoberts... I'm not very impressed so far. I know he likes Napier, but the rookie will only help so much, especially since point guards start so, so slowly in the NBA (usually).

11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So is lebron signing with houston out of the question?

Houston is already built to win a championship

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

McRoberts is a really good passer

13. HCA

HCA Member

The fact that lebron or his agent (whoever) invited dallas, phoenix, and la but not houston makes me dislike him that much more. The rockets let it be known he was their first target and he didnt even invite them to speak to him personally but he invited the suns...the mavs....and the lakers.

**** him.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron offended by Pat Riley's speech? Thought HE was being called out - &quot;don't run&quot;? That's what StephenA &amp; BWindhorst heard.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/statuses/486250259673145344">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

guessing this is almost over. Met with nike probably to tell them he is leaving and start some new ads

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol you guys are redic sometimes