1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AG nominee William Barr: Mueller Report confidential by law and will NOT be released

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Acting AG Matthew Whitaker has released a statement today saying that the Mueller investigation is nearly complete:

Mueller investigation near completion, acting AG Whitaker says

"The investigation is, I think, close to being completed, and I hope that we can get the report from [Special Counsel] Mueller as soon we — as possible," acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said during a news conference after announcing criminal charges against one of China's largest telecommunications companies.

"I have been fully briefed on the investigation, and I look forward to director Mueller delivering the report, and I really am not going to talk about an open and ongoing investigation otherwise," he added.​

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think this is the second time we've heard this from whitaker. Oh wait, I think the previous time it was from mrs. whitaker (strange he would tell her). Anyway, since we have heard it was "wrapping up" a few times now... probably best to wait and hear from Bob Mueller on this.

Though funny whitaker would say its wrapping up but say he can't say anything about an on-going investigation. You think he was really intending the "wrapping up" part for trump's ears?

3. NewRoxFan

Just when you think that barr might actually be a straight shooter...

4. NewRoxFan

Does seem unlikely Mueller could end this any time soon, even if you only consider the evidence gathered this past Friday. You'd think it would take weeks to even go through everything they found. And since I suspect at some point others will be indicted.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Translation: word to Whitaker... don’t do something stupid because you think you are on your way out and hoping for a job selling Trump toilets.

Barr seems to be dangling a career pathway if he doesn’t do something really stupid these next few weeks before Barr gets in.

6. NewRoxFan

7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

If one alllows that the process for a special counsel was reviewed and found wanting previously, why would we exclude that option now, twenty years later? Seems like the time to reconsider policy is when an obvious problem appears. That it was created by Reno, or developed/adopted in a bipartisan manner, literally has no bearing on whether the policy is a good one or not. It's like saying Democrats cannot reconsider any policy adopted by Reno. Absurd.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The report will end up being made public.

Depending on the contents of the report, it will be leaked by whomever benefits from leaking it.

Further congress can force him to provide a synopsis as well.

As for Whitaker, he is bush league and an embarrassment as he is not qualified for his position.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Democrats control the oversight committee. Why not investigate barr? or get the data from mueller.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

am I missing something? why investigate Barr?

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Because Democrat leftists are thoroughly corrupt, lawless thugs.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

of course it shouldn't be released, either charge a crime or shut the hell up

Comey pulled the same stunt w Hillary, gave a press conference

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

William Barr's nomination will be considered tomorrow by the Senate Judiciary Committee along with about 40 judicial nominees. The Democrats have the right to hold the vote over in the committee by a week, a right which both parties typically exercise. So Barr and a number of these judges will likely be confirmed the judiciary committee the next week, with confirmation by the full Senate a few days or a maybe week after that.

Senate Judiciary Committee to consider William Barr, dozens of Trump judicial nominees Tuesday

The Senate Judiciary Committee will consider President Trump’s pick to head the Justice Department and more than three dozen judicial nominees on Tuesday.

Chairman Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, announced the committee’s first business meeting of the new Congress Thursday evening, saying they’ll debate William Barr’s nomination. Mr. Barr appeared before the committee earlier this month for his confirmation hearing. The committee will also take up 40 of Mr. Trump’s federal judicial nominees, six of which are for federal circuit court vacancies.

According to committee rules, Democrats could hold over the nominations until the following week, suggesting confirmation votes will likely occur the first week of February.​

14. NewRoxFan

15. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

16. Buck Turgidson

Wait, which of these 3 is real? All? None? One?

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Project much?

Amiga likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

By all means, indict a sitting President if he has committed a crime.

19. Nook

Nook Member

#1 and #2 are my expectation based on history; the substance of the report will get out.

#3 is incontestable, Whitaker is an embarrassment.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're right. I'll say it doesn't much fill me with confidence. It may become relevant later.