1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After watching this...Okafor/Noel may really be available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol i really want to see him take those jumpers hes practicing when houston and atl play each other

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's next? Someone watching Summer League vids of Kris Dunn and posting all over the GARM about Rubio.

oh wait. that's been done.

3. craguin

craguin Member

This post?

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

DMo sign and trade?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oversell much?

After watching this, holy smokes guys, Osweiller has GOT to be available.

[​IMG]

6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Gym work is definitely not indicative of post offense success. Had they been pounding him with mats or elbows, maybe I would be impressed. That said, he does appear to have a shot.

I would guess that A LOT of guys in the NBA would look like that against a 5'-10" opponent.

What is that boxing thing... "Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face."

Let's see how good his balance is during a post-up.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Well .. Embiid will not play any back to backs this year and will be have a minutes restriction. So there can be time for all 5 of them if Simmons can guard sfs. The pressure is with Noels expiring contract.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rubio for Noel, a Christmas gift for whatshisname...

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

After watching this.... Steph Curry may really be available.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PlHFKID92rE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Embiid will be ROY. I have no doubt. I know what Hinkie built. Still annoyed that Colangelo will act like he achieved anything.

On Noel, I am very optimistic about Capela's future, but would trade Capela and a first for Noel. That guy is the future at C. Just 3 years ago, I could see how his skills would be seen as narrow, but in today's NBA that guy has the skills to murder teams like GS with his defense. Future Defensive Player of the Year imo.

11. heypartner

It's probably Ben Simmons' personal goal to get Embiid the ROY. Sorta like Magic making Ralph Sampson the MVP of the '85 All-Star game.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

If you don't you really should. ROY is not going to a player who's going to be on a severe minutes restriction who may not even play more than half the games this year. not happening

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also because hes not a rookie.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

he'll still be under the status of "rookie" despite not being drafted this year because he has yet to be active during the regular season of the NBA thus far in his career.

15. kiwirocketsfan

Yeah, to solve their big man congestion lets trade them a big man.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao I almost wrote this but I didn't feel like being an ass

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The difference is embiid hit many many outside shots in big games in college even some threes and is also a good free throw shooter and has really good form and touch.

I get that ppl look good in a gym but you can't compare his shooting to dwights and in no way am I taking anything away from Dwight he's a HOF and one of the 15 best centers to ever play the game.

But embiid is prob the best center prospect to come around in 10 Years his upside is higher then Towns who's and absolute stud. I think people don't realize how big embiid is. He's legit 7 foot+ and like 280lbs he's huge!!! He moves like a guard and has very very good footwork. He's able to watch moves of elite players and pick up that move on his own very quickly which is impressive. The crazy thing is this guy hasn't even been playing basketball that long.

I really hope he stays healthy because him and towns can carry the torch of great centers again. Both those dude have HOF talent but embiid is more of the classic back to the basket center but can hit the jumpers he's like a Garnett in a young Orlando Shaq body which is very scary.

18. heypartner

Griffin got ROY his "second" year.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

To be clear DH was just used as an example and not in comparison. Theres plenty of other examples also. Ive seen a lot of embiid at kansas. Theres a reason why he was such a high prospect. I get that but I still stand by what I said previously. He still has a very tough road ahead to establish himself in the league.

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member