1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After Practice 1-20-10 Speech

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, some of the guys are going to have to step up and pick up the slack caused by Cook's absence. After all, he IS the team captain!

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No fair....

Why does Hayesfan always get to be a 5 star chick? ;)

Hope this serves as motivation.

4. Nasheb

Nasheb Member

HAH!
    owned :grin:

5. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

hahahaha...that was good

6. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I was thinking that. Isn't the last time Chuck addressed the team after a series of average play the time when we went on the 22 game win streak? Maybe good things will come.

7. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Say what y'all want but ever since Morey made his "no one is untouchable" comments, this has been a different team. They don't hustle EVERY SINGLE play like they used to, they don't hit 90+% of their free throws and the mental lapses are much more evident and frequent.

Coincidence?? Methinks not...

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

This is a very, very, very long season and we all knew that too before it even started. It seems like we go through the most highs and lows and each one of them ends with disapointment besides the effort they put in during the injuries than any team in the league the last few years. I'm not suprised as to where they sit in the standings either i seen it coming, but that is medocrity which is at the level of going no where important, really fast. I just know this is not the same team they invision of going into the future. It can't be. I like this team, but i just know they need a player or two that can carry them and they have their back. If you take away from every team in the league it's two biggest contracts the Rockets would be the best team which is a understatement as to where they could go with top level talent leading them.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

not sure if this info is legit, I heard it from a friend of a friend of a cousin

BUT

as the team was walking off the court, Cook had his video phone on - conversation with McGrady going on - and as Morey was walking past Cook turned the phone around, Tracy pointed right at Morey and said 'we will ISO you'

don't flame me, post it on sina please.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Can't fault the GM for trying to do his job which is to make the team competitive.

But yeah, the team has been receiving mixed signals. First, they hear that this is a team of "non-stars" proving that they can compete in the NBA on teamwork and hustle. Lately it's been we have to trade for "stars" and this is not a playoff team unless we acquire stars.

So after their overachieving performance the first half of the season, the players may be feeling a little underappreciated by management itself.

Chuck did a good job of reminding the team we need to play harder to prove that this is a playoff-worthy team as it is presently constructed. The way to stem those trade fears is to prove our worth. Hopefully DM can swing the trade without giving away anyone from our 8-9 man rotation. If we start winning and playing well again, DM will think twice about breaking up the core. Please, please ... I have come to love this team

11. RLopez

RLopez Member

Can Chuck Hayes cover Chuck Norris?

12. worzel gummidge

............................................ ؟

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sounds perfect for a commercial or movie.

"We WILL ISO you".

14. droxford

droxford Member

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have to say...

You're a woman who is proficiently quoting The Godfather.

That's really really sexy.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Don't be too impressed.. I can quote Twilight as well ;)

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Better question, have the two ever appeared in the same place at the same time?

17. droxford

droxford Member

Well, you are female after all. That's okay. The sexiness factor is still there.

1 person likes this.
  18. gwatson86

gwatson86 Member

Rockets 116, Spurs 109.

The power of the Chuck speech begins anew...