1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After his first game, what did you think of Jordan Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHarden713, Feb 25, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Looks like it. This means Casspi can now move to the 4 and compete with Jones and DMo for minutes. ;)

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Down to 9? We have the starters, then Lin, Asik, Hamilton, and D-Mo? I guess that works. We always have Canaan, Smith, Casspi, and Garcia if we get really desperate. Troy Daniels won't crack that rotation though.

3. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Good first impression. He seems like he has a nose for the ball and could potentially help our defensive rebounding from the 2/3 spots, which would be huge for this team. Was a great fit in the first game overall (defense, decision-making, 3 ball, etc.).

4. rocketsmetalspd

He has good court sense and his D is what I really liked. He will need to become the Defensive motor for the second unit that has DMo and Asik already contributing well on the Defensive side of the court.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Quicker and more athletic than I remember.

He has always been a + rebounder - even at UT, so knew he could do that, but did not know he could defend like that or move that well off the ball.

Maybe one of Morey's lottery resurrections will finally pay off?

DD

6. bmd

bmd Member

I wonder how long it will take for people on here to say he sucks... which would be the first time he has a sub-par game.

7. makio9

makio9 Member

More Hamilton, less Lin and or lot more LOF mayhem coming our way.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

. Not to be that guy but he was the 26th pick in the 2011 draft. Still valid point.

9. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

After failures like Lowry and Delfino? Even Garcia and Brooks to a lesser extent were successfull resurrections.

It's also probably too early to judge Hamilton; Casspi looked excellent early.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Well after one game he looks like the 3 and D guy we have been wanting with the added bonus of the athleticism to be a slasher. We saw what he is capable of, now the question becomes can he do that consistently?? :confused: Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!:)

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I want to see more. Good first game, though.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Last night he was the best player off the bench. Very impressed. McHale must have thought the same thing because he put him in very early. I might be wrong, but I think he was the first player off the bench if it wasn't Asik.

13. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

I swear, if Worrell and Bullard get wind of this....

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm inclined to believe Bull lurks the bbs

we'll find out soon enough...

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I think he made a very good first impression, saying he played solid would be pretty accurate. What impressed me the most is that he seemed to fit in with the rest of the players, he didn't appear nervous or rattled of being on a new team. He played more like a veteran than a young 23yr old who has to prove himself. I know this was only his first game, but I'm encouraged by what I saw, hopefully he can sustain this type of play throughout the remainder of the season.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He's actually alot taller than I thought. He's got one of those bodies where he can maybe spot minutes at PF. His ball handling is great, thought I seen him bring the ball up a few times too. All in all, this might a good pick up. I still think we need to pick up a veteran like Granger or Stephen Jackson

17. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Watching the game, I was thinking Von Wafer V1.1

If he keeps up last nights performance up--he could be a poor man's CP25.:eek:

18. FeaR

FeaR Member

[youtube]1VSwHCU9V-I[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  19. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I was thinking the same thing; it was an impressive debut for Hamilton but it was, after all, against the Kings. Like many others have said, we'll see how he does against the Clips.

I think it was Bull who mentioned in the broadcast last night that McHale was looking to reduce Parson's and Harden's minutes leading up to the playoffs. I believe he said that Harden was something like, 2nd in the league in minutes played, and Parsons was 4th. If Hamilton can keep playing like he did last night, it will be tremendously helpful to be able to rest those guys down the stretch.

20. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

So will JHam hang with the SoCals Harden and GSmith? No way he hangs out with the RGV crew.