1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 2-0 start, have your expectations changed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moonsh0t, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Have your expectations for the season changed after the Texans 2-0 start?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

111 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Leads the league in defense, point differential, turnover margin, and Fitzpatrick's QBR is 4th. Yes, against terrible competition but still feels good.

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Who cares if the teams we have beat have been horrible. Our schedule is baby butt soft this season. No NFC West, no first place schedule. We have most of the same talent from what many people considered a Super Bowl contender 12 months ago.

I think 9-10 wins is a reality and anything short of .500 record is extremely disappointing. We get all the decent teams on our schedule at home, Eagles, Ravens and Bengals.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We've performed almost exactly how I would have guessed. Our defense confused a rookie QB and took care of business against one of the ugliest early-season offenses I've seen in years. Cushing looks like a liability at times.

On offense, we're run first and Fitzpatrick does little to nothing to move the ball downfield fluidly.

The real tests will come when we're forced to move the ball through the air and play teams with capable QB's.

The unexpected - run blocking is better than anticipated, pass rushers other than Watt emerging, Newton.

These wins are good, but they mean very little. Our division is weak so who knows...

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I know one thing, Texans are winning in Indy this year for the first time.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't think so. We are right where we were last year, 2-0. It is all about improving over 14 straight losses, which I think we will. However, while the secondary has been a surprise, the defensive line (except Watt) and the linebackers haven't been anything special. Almost no pressure on Carr yesterday, and the Raiders ran at will. That is a concern. The offense looked better than last week, but several running plays were for no gain. Against better competition, the Texans marginal talent at several positions will begin to wear thin. We need better linebackers and an additional stopper on the defensive line. Clowney will be a welcome addition if he returns fully healed. Thankfully we have a friendly schedule. I am still thinking 8-8 or 9-7 which might win the division.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

have been saying 10-6 all off season
    I might bump that to 11-5 or 12-4

Rocket River

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. I expected them to be a fringe playoff team and after two strong performances with warts against two bad teams nothing has changed.

I don't think it's fair to say we are where we are last year just because of the record. Last year we were fortunate to be 2-0. This year the other teams were fortunate that the Texans didn't put up 40 and shut them out.

Weak schedule, not a believer in the Colts...

Legit shot to make the playoffs and have 10 wins.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We might be unbeaten going into the Steeler Game as far as I am concerned
    Colts/Cowboys nor Steelers have shown me ANYTHING that makes me think
    the Texans cannot beat them.
    I think the BENGALS and Ravens maybe our two toughest games
    Followed by Colts

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True. . .i overlooked the bills

Rocket River

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bills will be a tough game because they aren't a disaster team where we can just run Arian into the line all day and barely try to throw the ball down the field.

These last two games the Texans have barely run a vertical passing attack at all!

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True .. . . my friend is a Bills fan and I have been keeping an eye on them

They are a good team to decent

Rocket River

12. SuraGotMadHops

Bills are looking strong so far, and the Giants are always Jeckyl and Hyde so even though they've looked terrible, they can still be very potent. I actually think we will learn a lot the next two games.

Once we're behind in a game and Fitzpatrick needs to start going air, then we'll see what our ceiling really is.

1 person likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is a very good point. That is when the "rubber meets the road."

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Same expectations.. was thinking 9-7 before the season. The defense isn't as good as I thought. Cushing appears to have lost a step, though still early. And of course Clowney. We're currently living off turnovers. If that continues, cool, it's just not likely. The offense has performed about what I'd expected. We'll see what happens against better competition.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I hope we get Bad Eli...Good Eli is scary

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

you beat me to it, i wanted to start this thread today :)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good Eli hasn't existed in quite a while though, it would be really upsetting if he decided to come out of retirement.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Buffalo game is at home y'all
    We got this

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Slim to none chance bob will allow us to lose to kubiak (ravens) at NRG

20. 713

713 Member

I honestly believe Houston has a shot at HFA.

The Broncos and Pats have a really hard schedule and I think they will give up games this year. Fitzpatrick has shown flashes of holding the ship steady with no turnovers. I think the Texans will shock alot of people this year and BOB will win COY.