1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

holy crap, what an embarrassment

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

which brings me back to my original point that its hypocritical for you trumpers to criticize biden for "not able to show empathy to the slain Marine's families" (your quote) when you never criticized trump for attacking gold star mothers and POWs. even now you are saying "if he said such things"...we all know he said such things and you cant even bring yourself to acknowledge that FACT.

i bring up DJT in the context of his supporters being giant hypocrites. and it seems to me like youre the one deflecting here. what exctly am i deflecting? ive been critical of bidens handling of the withdrawal and said it was disrespectful of him to be looking at his watch as the bodies of the marines were brought home. theres a big difference b/t deflecting and pointing out blatant hypocrisy.

lol...its not smugness - its pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of trumpers. trumpers have absolutely no right to criticize biden on the things you are criticizing him on now.

sure, but you come off as a hypocrite and partisan hack. and as an american citizen and voter i will point it out every time i see it.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe it's just me, but I can't identify what a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter should look like from that vantage point. How do I know that's what it is, as claimed in the tweet, and how do we know from this video that it has not been "de-militarized" (which was the actual claim from the Biden administration)?

Edit: Correction, Biden admin only claimed that they disabled all aircraft in Kabul airport. We don't know how much equipment that was previously in the hands of ANA was acquired from outside Kabul.

#1663 durvasa, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

You stay up all night putting this together? What good does it do you to call Trump voters hypocrites with the situation at hand? Doesn't change anything. Deflection, deflection, deflection. Keep it up.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently only one family is left in Afghanistan and still trying to get out:

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ilies-evacuated-from-afghanistan-after-summer

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea Even Snopes said they were in operable but apparently they are we need some more fat checking

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When lying doesn't matter...

8. durvasa

That, in a nutshell, is the defining legacy of President Trump. And half the country apparently doesn't care.

TheFreak and Andre0087 like this.
  9. durvasa

Snopes said that the equipment acquired from Kabul were inoperable, based on the sources they cited. That's what the US military had said they disabled.

It's possible this was a black hawk helicopter (I can't tell for sure from the Twitter video) that was acquired from outside Kabul. More information is needed on what its capabilities might be.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this comment reeks of deflection.

i want yall to be consistent and not be hypocrites...thats all. next time the politician that you worship does s**ty things i want yall to be just as quick to call them out as you are when its a politician you dont like.

be consistent...dont be a partisan hack.

11. SuraGotMadHops

In before Biden defenders say this video has been doctored and use their favorite word, "debunked."

Jalen Green OnlyFan and ROXRAN like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

You are more of a partisan hack by constantly reaching back toward a previous, out of office administration, to put blame. That's partisanship 101.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

As opposed to Trump supporters favorite word #fakenews?

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Partisanship is posting stupid stuff all the time that has little basis expecting someone actually to believe you.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Biden's lying rivals or maybe surpasses trump. Listen to the guy.

The phone call to the Afghan president where he asked him to lie is beyond shameful.

At least some of the mainstream media is starting to criticize these lies.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Biden is certainly not above lying.... but no, he doesn't rival or surpass Trump.... it will be nearly impossible for anyone to rival the level of lying (much of it unnecessary) we saw from President Donald Trump.... at one point he was lying almost every time he opened his mouth and he was surrounded by people lying as well.... it is likely what ultimately cost him the election, he was a compulsive liar and the majority of Americans did not believe anything that he said.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OMG, here is a picture of a nuclear sub Biden left behind for the Taliban. If you look closely enough, you can see Taliban soldiers celebrating their capture. Ad a few dogs that were also left behind. darn that Biden!

[​IMG]

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You have a wild sense of humor.

19. durvasa

Are you referring to him saying the Afghan President needed to project confidence in how well the fight is going against the Taliban?

I’m not suggesting that Biden is Mr. Honesty, but no — there is no comparison between him and Trump in this regard.

Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

The U.S./NATO forces intended to leave an entirely functional and modern ANA. That of course included copious amounts of modern equipment and supplies. Of course they weren't able to destroy all the stuff the ANA almost immediately abandoned all over the country. That's on the ANA. The U.S./NATO allies probably destroyed everything they had direct proximity to over the last month though.

Anyway, this beggars the question, so what? Let them sit in their dirt/rock/sand/mountain country and play with all of that stuff. IDGAF. I feel bad for the people, but I have a lot of empathy for most everyone who populates this earth.