1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Seeing how we've evacuated over 100k afghanis theres plenty of them we could have put there. I have no problem with Bidens withdrawl and thought he did an amazing job up until yesterday. My only beef is that we should not have had American soldiers patting down afghanis. That should have been outsourced to mercenaries. We have over 1k mercenaries in Iraq right now and several thousands over asia. Once we received the ISIS threat we should have outsourced any front line work. I dont understand why the generals on the ground didnt do this. Thats my only beef and it sucks because this will sink Bidens domestic agenda and he didnt really deserve this. This is the gross incompetency of the US military. People here talk about Baghram airbase as if theres a high speed train that goes to the airbase. The US military hasnt even been able to secure the road from the embassy to airport since 2019.

2. adoo

adoo Member

W's incometence.

W's incompetence was the reason why the US invaded Afghanistan

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again given the short timeframe Biden had to work with the fall of the Afghan government there is no way he could have out sourced security around the airport.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What are you talking about??

[​IMG]

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Tell me how many helicopter rides its going to take to evacuate 100,000 people. Not to mention that you will have 10s of thousands of people crowded into a tighter area.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That was also when he landed on the aircraft carrier and swagged across the deck with a sock stuffed in his flight suit. At least, well....

God knows there are handlers who know their optics.

7. DonatelloLimestone

Do you really think it was for mean tweets?
    I loved the idea of having a disruptor, someone to break this god damn mold of the DC incumbants.
    He said some of the right things that felt exciting...CAlling out china? Loved it, we needed it...And obama,bush, clinton all fell majorly short in making that priority

then he even called out Saudi, told Hilary to return donations...he was spot on...how the hell is Saudi a good actor. But then once these people get churned in the swamp, he endd with making them his first visit....he ended with sending 5000 troops to fight a saudi war in yemen that was terrible and his justification was "they paid for it", oh yea, ivanka also took 100 million the same way hilary did for her 'womens fund'...exact same thing.

So I hear you, the internet and cnn were just downright stupid about trump. I don't give a damn how he drinks water and biden was forcefed and only here bc people were so turned off about trump, if you spend too much time on twitter you may think that its because of mean tweets?

The guy essentialyl ran a monarchy. He hired people claiming he hired the best, then call them morons once they called him one. Worse off we had Jared kushner running virtually half the country, a guy whose resume includes billionaire father paying for him to get in harvard, then taking that money and investing in magazine right before digital age, and finally paying at premium right before the crash for a manhattan masterpiece...guess what...he was due his payments and in the red, but a qatari bank bailed him out right after he met them as a part of our plans

He also let his daughter run galore like it was some family business
    I think I see washingtons cycle of corruption, but you do realize we basically had half the people who were paying the swamps now just in charge directly...you know who the head of our education was? Betsy Devos, famous for quoting that she buys and influences politicians. Yea he can't be bought

You know who he made transporation secretary, Elaine chao the lady he called out for having too much china ties...HE appointed.

We need a businessman, we need more govertnment efficiency the current incumbants are full of **** and about themselves..that goes for Mitch, Schumer, Pelosi, McCarthy, but really a guy whose gone bankrupt 14 times and essnetialyl if you consider inflation the 400 million he got from his dad back then is how much he'd have had he not had any investments. And its a family business with 3 people based on liscencing, but don't hate the player hate the game. ITs hard to get on the manhattan skyline, no doubt trump has utter and pure resilience and can battle through a lot. hes an entertaining speak and lit up the debates with ease, but hes all talk and showed he was 'me first' does that mena he did everything wrong?
    no that means that with all the ties, corruption, lies, the net profit wsn't adding up

but this isn't a polarized world. Just bc he disappointed, oversold, under delivered as a reality show doesnt' mean biden is better. BIden got embarassed in every election, its hard to understand why anyone would consider him inspirational and better yet after his track record on crime bill, multiple wars, etc I'd rather have anyone as the executive decision maker.

And trump just couldn't see dollars and sense. Do you really think we give places like pakistan billions in aid to give 'aid' ot the people and latruistic? Its geopolitics, we give them that money to cooperate to have a seat in the table and he went and made it a numbers and thing and now as america struggles, our leadership retreated and when domestic only and that doesn't mean we shouldnt focus on our country as a priority, but we shouldn't understand the ways of geopolitics for something he can sell to people who don't get it.

Biden junked this up, there is no way about it. The execution and all of it, and if he saw somethign wrong they should've changed itb efore this mess. This doesn't excuse bush, obama, and trump for all continuing the lie of the afghan war and passing the buck. Read the afghan paper leaks, there was never effective training or hopes of it working out, just wasted tax payer money and cyclical war that created more enemies for us. And trump gets credit for wanting to pull out, but you do realize the dude negotiated with Taliban without evne so much AFghan government invovled...in fact he released THOUSANDS of terrorist taliban back to them in this deal. Thats the thing, you get short sighted bullshit and now hes on the news bragging that osama wasn't that bad and hes the guy who killed the real people....its about him, and trump first. he even said he'll campaign against conservatives who don't agree with them even if they are bad candidates he will push it, this is an exact quote he said about alaska...bc its trump first, and like all victim mentaliies when you criticize they say "thir attacking all of us christian conservatives" or if you attack CCP " they are racist attacking china" or Saudi"against muslims" Israel"against netanyahu" That victim bullshit needs to stop. This isn't about trump, this isn't about BIden...they are one branch that should be checked and balanced but with the dumb tribal nature of politics they just divide and conquer us into sports teams

thats why the conversation shouldn't be biden vs trump...its biden, trump, obama, bush all over saw intel and info that this was going to be terrible. We let our boys down who don't make th orders, but just follow the orders in hopes of safety. LEadership at EVERY Level failed

8. dmoneybangbang

We need less businessmen and lawyers running government.

Nook likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, I am glad it is that simple... :rolleyes:

10. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw

a Stanford grad (Hoover) got US into the depression,

a Harvard MBA (W) got us into 2 needless wars, in the process, bankrupting the US financial industry​

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fewer.

Rileydog likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

When did I chastise the current president about these deaths? GTFO. Look at my post history douchebag

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

14. DonatelloLimestone

Bc. Nationa building doesn't work.
    We propped this guy up, and not one iota in AFghanistan had any respect for what we called their 'democratic elections'
    The very nature of afghanistan being a country is imposed by us, they are tribal with segregated geography and little connecting infrastructure so much that they speak different languages and there is no centralized control.
    IT was a **** show from the beginning, the only winners were terrorist, military industry complex, and perhaps some rare mineral mining contracts.
    problem is it was tax payers trillions that funded the thing while they tell us not enough money at home.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Example A: Why nation building is stupid. The first person to jump at the head of the line to work with the America as it's prop president is likely an insanely corrupt grifter. There's never going to be a Nelson Mandela type of character just sitting in exile that can just be thrown into power in the middle east. Guys like this will present themselves as a pro American Capitalist business first Democracy and peace loving friendly but in reality to be in that position you are probably corrupt as Fck, and owned by Exxon Mobile.

16. dobro1229

For once we were kinda thinking the same thing... sorta.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  17. dobro1229

What does anyone think the chances are that the Taliban could be convinced to split the country in at least 3 smaller countries divided by most closely aligned power centers, war lords or whatever?

I get the sense that the Taliban might not even want to be ruling over Kabul specifically given their religious hard line, and could split it off to maybe Pakistan.

I just don't see any way the Taliban can hold the entire country. They are going to get overrun with civil war after civil war, and will be Kings of ashes. They have to be at least smart enough to understand that at some level. If a delegation from Iran, Pakistan, and China can arrange a Middle East version of Yalta to come up with some sort of country split up, I wonder how that would go??

Probably not well but just thinking out loud.

astros123 likes this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

And i wonder which side of Congress is against giving that money to Americans here that need it.

VooDooPope likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Good point he is a good example of a puppet for nation building

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I did. I didn't see any concern of service member deaths during the Trump presidency until now.