1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Biden was talking about the Taliban. The tweeter purposely left out the Taliban in the quote: "look, we’ve made clear to the Taliban that any attack — any attack on our forces or disruption of our operations at the airport will be met with a swift and forceful response".

This wasn't an attack by the Taliban but by ISIS. The Taliban has so far held up their side in cooperating with the US mission to evacuate.

I'm sure the US military now want to bomb the hell out of ISIS.

Nook, AleksandarN, AB and 2 others like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

True dat. You definitely aren't progressive. More like moderate liberal.

But people like @TheresTheDagger has the mentality of "if there is a disagreement, it must be communist in nature".

#1043 fchowd0311, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    AleksandarN and quikkag like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

quikkag likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am curious if the taliban was aware beforehand.

6. fchowd0311

Just to be clear do you are informed.

You do know the Taliban and ISIS don't like each other right?

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They also both want Afghans who were allied with the "infidels" to be punished. And they wanted to keep Afghans from crowding around the airport. A terrorist attack is an effective way of achieving that.

I really hope the Taliban weren't aware and they are serious when they say they are going to punish the people who were involved. But who knows. They aren't exactly trustworthy.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I believe in greater police presence, stronger laws and shorter trials, and I am a strong believer in strong punishment including the death penalty (as an aside, I am probably the only one here who has sat on a capital murder jury that resulted in a death sentence). I believe in reducing taxes and greater local control of government. I believe in a stronger military presence and strongly favor a direct military response to the ISIS attack on American forces. I believe in strengthened borders and greater border patrol presence to reduce illegal immigration.

All that sound like a moderate liberal to you?

fchowd0311 and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Taliban and ISIS-K are enemies.

But, I think everyone knew ... the Russian got the hell out of there yesterday. The British said attack is imminent. Just didn't know exactly where, when, and to what extend. The US could have shut it all down but they choose not to. Brave marines dying performing in extreme difficulty and dangerous situations. Very sad day.

jboslett, fchowd0311 and cdastros like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Also, any mass evacuation of civilians like this was going to be vulnerable to a terrorist attack. Whether in August, or months earlier.

cdastros likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Okay, moderate conservative. Unfortunately I don't read much of your opinions as you aggregate a lot of news here more than express your individual opinions. But ya, definitely more moderate conservative I guess.

You know you more than I know you so I trust you here.

#1051 fchowd0311, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Nook likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I lost any respect for his comments months ago. Not reading his BS.

quikkag likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think it is outrageous. They both want death to america.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn, are you even a registered Democrat?

15. fchowd0311

Nah. The Taliban have a very medieval style ideology that is misogynistic towards women and brutal towards non-believers but they only care about sovereignty in their country and establishing Islamic law in Afghanistan. They have zero ambition in expanding and don't really care for doing terror attacks on foreign soil. ISIS desires a global caliphate.

Nook likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Actually, I view myself as a centrist... with some positions that lean left, and others that lean right. Since I find solutions from both sides of the political spectrum and no single person or group have all the best ideas. That's why I like the two parties to work together to solve the big challenges. If you look at candidates I have supported over the years they also tend to be centrists (eg Amy Klobuchar, Martin Heinrich, and Abigail Spanberger to name a few).

And while I post lots of tweets and articles (of things I find well written or interesting), I have posted my own thoughts, including a rather length post detailing my thoughts on solving the immigration problem. And I have posted on crime and support of law enforcement. All folks have to do is ask.

One last thing... I have never faked my positions nor my political leanings. I haven't called myself a "moderate" or "conservative" while arguing differently. Nor have I created alt accounts to fake agreement like people have done here.

17. NewRoxFan

Heh, yes, a registered Democrat. Its a big tent.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Horseshit, we were happy we were finally leaving, and I credited both Trump and Biden.

Stop ****ING TROLLING for the right - and start standing up for AMERICA.

DD

19. fchowd0311

Thanks for replying just so I see that horrible autocorrect that I need to edit lol.

And trust me, I never thought of you doing anything in bad faith or trolling.

Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

Can’t believe how fast America has gone to crap. I thought it would take at least a year and a half for Biden screw up