1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The evacuation plan is looking more and more like a major strategic blunder. Democratic politicians/voters would not have been kind if this pullout was being carried out under a Republican administration.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Da DaParrot

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is the worst military crisis and loss of standing in global geopolitics in decades.

Biden has lost his mandate to lead our national's military and must step down.

Salvy, TheresTheDagger and ROXRAN like this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

It appears to me that the one really big blunder was miscalculating the competency of the Afghan military. We really just needed them to hold the Taliban at bay long enough for us to get our people out. This was always going to be a really messy situation if the Afghan army decided to take a knee instead of fighting. In hindsight I guess we should have just assumed and planned for an Afghan army surrender.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. durvasa

There was intelligence indicating this as a possibility. I thought I read that somewhere. I can't understand why we didn't plan well in advance and start moving people out much earlier, rather than waiting for the Talban to take over or Kabul to turn into a warzone.

Andre0087 and ElPigto like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

I hate that I was right about this. :(

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go Suck Trump's nuts. Trump rushed agreement to the Taliban started this. Stay there was never an option. ISIS-K is not an Taliban ally. Enemies never needed to be embolden to attack US assets. Biden is still BETTER than Trump EVER was.

8. HTM

HTM Member

That tweet about most successful airlift with no casualties aged like milk

9. TheresTheDagger

11 marines and 1 Navy medic KIA. Largest death toll for US service members in this kind of an attack in over 10 years.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the purpose of posting this kind of ****. Does Trump deserve blame? ABSOLUTELY, he legitimized the Taliban by negotiating with them. Does that absolve Biden Administration for poor planning? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Does Biden being better than Trump ever was helpful in this situation? So far, it does not appear to be the case since we are scrambling like chickens with their head cut off. I expected this from a novice like Trump that operated based on gut feeling not from an experienced foreign policy leader like Biden. It's a shame really. **** partisan politics. Own up to the mistakes and at least try to rectify them.

BigDog63, jboslett and Andre0087 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What a crappy day. :(

BigDog63, Andre0087 and ElPigto like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Salvy likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Terrible that American soldier lives were lost in this horrific terrorist attack.

Not surprised that retrumplicans are exploiting these deaths for their political purposes. But where were they in 2019, when 20 American troops were killed in Afghanistan? Or in 2018 when 15 died. Or in 2017 when 17 were killed... or any of the 2,500 American soldiers that were killed in Afghanistan over the course of the Afghanistan war.

So feel free to not let this crisis go to waste...

mdrowe00, TheFreak and quikkag like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I was hoping we could get our soldiers back home safely but these backwards assed terrorists have been doing this same **** since we first invaded. I’m just glad it’s finally coming to an end. God bless them and their families.

mdrowe00 and quikkag like this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

The bodies aren't even cold yet and this is your response....

Astrodome likes this.
  16. durvasa

Do we have estimates on how many civilians were killed by the attacks today? I've only seen numbers on American casualties so far.

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Bodies are not even cold...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

20. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

Typical. Disregard context completely. Cherry pick what you can use to attack. Tear down. Ruin. Never build up.

Andre0087 likes this.