1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was no plan B except to let Americans fend for themselves behind enemy lines. It's up to the US to fend for American citizens and the Presidebt is currenty doing nothing to help them. Joe Biden is a senile fool.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He sure is for following a plan that the previous incompetent leader of this country left for him. Everyone's all of a sudden an armchair general...

T_Man likes this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Coming from a trump supporter lmao

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFLMAO....

From the Trump Team... Now that there was funny, I don't care what anyone says..

Damn Trump and his Team lie every 2 words that come out of their mouth...

Man you just made my day...

T_Man

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's not forget this was TRUMP's Negotiation and executive order.

Could it have been handled better - sure, but no one and I mean NO ONE anticipated the 310k security force to puss out and lay down their weapons.

So, now, it is do the best you can....and get our troops home and let that country and it's populace fight it out......not our problem.

DD

TWS1986 and ROCKSS like this.
  6. DaDakota

We didn't fail at anything, we took out the taliban, set up a new government trained their security forces, and then decided to leave.....and their security forces pussed out, and laid down.

We have no vested interest in staying in that country - it is not ours we are not empire building - and we stayed far too long.....

Let them fend for themselves.......or better yet, why don't you get your country to go help em out - it is more your region anyway.

DD

TWS1986 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. T_Man

My bad pistol, I didn't know you were in the Pentagon meeting when they were going over the plans....

From what I am reading... The President and Defense Secretary have both stated their were no good options to withdrawl...

So like I have been saying this entire scenario was a FUBAR, but i'm glad they pulled the troops out..

The Hell with the politics....

T_Man

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Tribalism and politics and religion

the three things keeping human beings from advancing to the next level of civilization

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

11. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

So Biden had no ability to amend the plan? He certainly changed other Trump plans. Get real, he gambled and lost badly. Deal with it.

12. dmoneybangbang

Lol. You don’t even want to “win the war”.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You're full of ****...the general in charge was part of the Trump admin...at minimum they are both at fault. I'd vote for the corpse of Biden before that twice impeached narcissist DJT. Deal with that...

Once we get our people out the short sighted voters will forget and be pleased we're gone from another war thanks to the Biden administration. Could we have done things better? Yes. In the end the soldiers of Afghanistan failed their citizens after 20 years of training. That's not on the US...

#733 Andre0087, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  14. T_Man

Don't forget Greed...

T_Man

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Greed works
    It’s in every system including communism

But is related to limit resources

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How many people have been left behind and lives lost? Despite the cries from the war hawk media, I'm not aware of any.

17. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Settle down. I'm aftaid you did vote for the corpse of Joe Biden. Joe is the commander in chief. It's his decision. I won't vote for either of them in 2024. They will both too old to run this country.

Herein lies the problem. You are in the tank so bad for Biden that you aren't considering that this current situation might get a lot worse.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I’m not upset just disappointed in our species. The fact that people like you voted for Trump is the reason we are in this position.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

The fact that you can't accept that Joe Biden made a bad decision and is doubling down on it is troubling. That decision put a lot of American and ally lives left to fend for themselves behind enemy lines. That is the position we are in. Joe Biden is lying down. Other countries are sending their military out of the airport to retrieve their citizens. Joe Biden is Mr Magoo.

20. DaDakota

Thank GOD we have the courage of Joe Biden to do the right thing.

DD