1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean he has to set the record straight and call out the massive hypocrisy coming out of the right and the media right now, but it's less about Trump that he should be going after as it should be about another ex President who really is responsible.

Biden deserves blame for not getting all of the 80K people who worked for us out of the country by now, but NOBODY... (voters who don't work for Boeing or Raytheon at least) wanted to be in Afghanistan anymore, and the GOP led by Trump campaigned on this happening even sooner, and they also were responsible for legitimizing the Taliban and cutting out the Afghan government back in 2019. That gave the Taliban all the time in the world to make deals with all the individual regions for their safety when this inevitably happens.

But the name I hear NOTHING about right now is George W. Bush. Why the hell are we not talking about Bush right now? He put Obama, Trump, and now Biden in the situation where they have to choose between getting our troops home in a hugely unpopular occupation and gifting an entire country to an extremist terrorist group.

The media is soooooo eager to have Trump V Biden 2.0 that we've lost all semblance of reality here. Biden might have to set the record straight here, and he might need to fire the CIA director who obviously failed to give him good intelligence about the Taliban's agreements with the local regions. However this has sooooo little to do with the Biden admin & really even the Trump admins competence as much as it has to do with the cluster F that W Bush got America into.

Kim, glynch and FrontRunner like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I can tell this is coming from a place of wanting to be on a high horse rather than pragmatic problem solving.

If you sincerely cared about preventing these situations in the future you should actually probably care about how people get to where they are rather than just assuming you or your culture is inherently better.

3. HTM

HTM Member

I can't judge the murder, rape, pedophilia, denial of basic human rights and dignity to several classes of persons endemic in Afghanistan? lol. Ok.

I guess I'll get working on my list of "complaints about every country in the world for you" - though this is the Afghanistan thread.

4. HTM

HTM Member

No, it's pretty obviously coming from a place of condemnation and chastisement. Which many in Afghanistan deserve.

5. dobro1229

Also need to remind folks that the guy who declared himself president of Afghanistan yesterday was the very same guy that the Trump administration negotiated to get released from a Pakistan prison.

Again I blame W for this mess first and foremost, but I do hope the armed forces committees on the Hill investigate what the hell happened here. If there is some sort of fishy deal made, we need to know about it. It's obvious that Trump negotiated some sort of cease fire against US troops back in 2019 and 2020 when US deaths went to near zero, but what did he give up in exchange?

ElPigto and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's definitely coming from a desire to feel superior if your response to understanding socioeconomic conditions and how they effect a culture is hand waved with "so that means I can't blame them?".

You want someone to blame not because it will help prevent future instances of these problems but because it makes you feel better.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm really impressed with the Proud Boy level trigger discipline the Taliban displays.

Cokebabies, Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Biden is at fault for handing the taliban eager recruits and support by backing out of the original withdrawl deal that outlined power sharing. They want us gone and this signaled that we were not leaving so anger and fear was an easy tool for the taliban to manipulate. Also the intentional leaving of military equipment is tantamount to treason for whoever made that call (not hard to scuttle vehicles).

I am sick of the blame game narrative when it is plain and obvious that the commander and chief of the armed forces is ultimately responsible for what happens. If someone is made a scapegoat in our intelligence or military it will still be biden who backed out of our deal and operated in poor faith. He is the one who sent willing able bodied afghans fearful of 20 more years of occupation... right into the hands of the taliban. He couldn't let Trump be the one who ended the 20 year war so he took a calculated risk... put his name on it and take credit with a 911 anniversary optics win. Or watch it fail and blame others.

#268 dachuda86, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lol nice biden joke.

11. dobro1229

You are by far the biggest Trump supporter on the board here now that Texx is awol so it is really really laughable that you think you have some sort of righteous position to stand on with Afghanistan. Trump's literal tagline was "America First."

If that was something you believed in than your comment here just shreds that to pieces, and you are an admitted fraud.

The May date that Trump put in place was untenable, and you and everyone else knows it. We didn't even have enough time now to get everyone out. 80,000 people needed to be evacuated. Yes.... Biden's admin failed still. But they did not back out of some sort of power sharing deal, and you freaking know that or are incredibly ill informed.

The Taliban had over a year to cut deals with each of the regions (Afghanistan is less a country and more of a collection of regions) to get the Afghan fighters to turn over their guns and join their forces or die when the US pulls out in the Summer of 2021 which was something that Trump BRAGGED just a few weeks ago was something the Biden admin couldn't back out of.

So with all due respect... you are full of Sh$t.

12. HTM

HTM Member

What a disingenuous argument. By your logic you could never chastise anyone for anything. Ever action undertaken by every human ever is influenced by any number of conditions.

So many are blaming the Americans for "failing" the people of Afghanistan. I hold a different opinion, I think the American people did a lot for the people of Afghanistan but they didn't take advantage of it.

I'm frustrated with those in Afghanistan who had the power to set a different trajectory for their country but decided not to take. I'm in this thread expressing that frustration. That is the thing this thread is for. Expressing your opinions about the situation in Afghanistan. It's not incumbent upon me to explain how Afghanistan should be fixed.

I guess you think no one in Afghanistan deserves criticism though. The murders, rapists, the corrupt, child rapists, those who deny basic human rights and human dignity to several classes of people who are widespread and endemic in Afghanistan are just products of their environment beyond reproach. It was just fated in the stars because of circumstance. How can anyone blame them? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dachuda86 and DCkid like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The GOP can’t just erase 15 years of Pro War rhetoric. Biden will have to wear this one and I’m sure he doesn’t even know what’s going on anyway so why does it matter?

point is the patient has been taken off life support after years and it time to deal with reality. At least the next negotiations with Afghanistan will be more transparent.

if The Afghan people want democracy they’ll have to fight for it just like Americans did in 1776

Newlin and Kim like this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The may day was fine... extending it was dishonest and signaled the afghanis occuption may continue. There is but one reaction to going back on a deal... they joined ranks. You want to make this about Trump but there was plenty of time to leave. BIDEN extended it on purpose and botched it. Also to say a slogan negates using common sense on afghanistan is pretty weak.

Also yes we did back out of the deal by dishonoring the agreed date of wihdrawl. That is what gave the taliban support. You are full of **** for suggesting otherwise. Go read more and get your head out of your ass.

Also what do you think extending it did? It gave them more time to organize like you admit. Leaving in may was optimal to deny them more time to recruit and cut deals. Use some damn logic. Go look at maps of where they controlled before and after Biden shamefully backed out of the agreed date. Taliban didn't have the power to pull this off until after May.

#274 dachuda86, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Uprising likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nook, Uprising and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No argument he is the cause. Biden mishandled his responsibility as commander in chief and it was not fated to end like Saigon until Biden botched it.

Uprising likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It was fated once biden sent them the signal we might stay. They gave up and locked arms behind those willing to fight.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dachuda86 and edwardc like this.