1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

ooooh, poor baby, does it bother you when the truth comes out......maybe pull your thumb out of your mouth and/or ass and learn the truth.

DD

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The retrumplicans sure seem to think this is the hill they want to die on...

3. NewRoxFan

Liz Cheney must not have gotten the republican attack our military leaders memo...

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Character assassination to ignore the crimes of the general. Got it.

Treason is worse than anything you listed.

Also I love the name RETRUMPlican. Reelect him for sure.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...this means you believe everything written in Woodward's books since you apparently believe Milley acted treasonous in his actions towards the end of Trump's presidency. Is that correct?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Okay so why didn't any of your MAGA heroes on that panel say that, and why have no Republicans on that panel issued guidance to DOJ that Milley lied under oath, and because of his clear crimes should be prosecuted??

I said for weeks that Republicans can put him under oath in order to start the process of bringing him to justice. If he's so guilty of treason at the highest level why are your MAGA cult leaders not holding him to account?

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been swamped with a deadline at work so didn't get to listen to any of the hearings or follow this closely. My take away though from these is that Biden had good evidence to know how problematic the withdrawal from Afghanistan was and that contrary to what he said there wasn't widespread agreement within the Admin. This just reinforces to me that this was a poorly thought out withdrawal based less on realistic projections and more on wishful thinking.

Also to those who are calling Gen. Milley a stooge and traitor who was out to undermine Trump he showed that he wasn't in Biden's pocket and was willing to disagree with a President of either party. Whether he was right or wrong he showed that he is willing to express his opinion and act in what he believes is the best interest of the country even if that conflicts with the Commander and Chief.

8. NewRoxFan

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

But what is that opinion? Tweets are like small windows and snapshots which are too often distorted. Useless except for headlines and political football. For example, a few seconds of the video show him saying that in the Fall of 2020 he thought the US should maintain 2500 troops in order to move to a negotiated gated solution. WTH is a negotiated gated solution? Did anyone actually follow up with some questioning about that? What about his comment that the US intel failed because of the withdrawal of tactical advisers over the past few years - you know, I find that hard to believe (what about the previous 15 years?)

The pure partisan attack on Milley is disgusting and it's due to the Trump factor. That however shouldn't crowd out legitimate criticism and concern about military roles.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump is a menace to Republican. They could have some valid concerns but their action could easily be seen as motivated by Trump's expression of fear about these new Afghans entering the US --- "horrible assaults and sex crimes".

Senate narrowly rejects GOP amendment to curtail assistance to Afghan refugees - The Washington Post

In a statement Thursday, former president Donald Trump urged fellow Republicans to vote against the larger spending legislation, arguing that the provisions affecting Afghan refugees amounted to “a major immigration rewrite” that would provide“free welfare and government-issued IDs.”

“We’ve already seen some of the horrible assaults and sex crimes that have taken place,” Trump said. “But these terrible assaults will just be the tip of the iceberg of what’s coming if this isn’t shut down. ... This bill must be opposed.”

Trump provided no evidence for his assertions.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There certainly are legitimate disagreements and I'm not saying to take Milley's opinion as being sacrosanct. I'm pointing out that just because he was very concerned about Trump doesn't mean he's a stooge for Biden since he is willing to publicly disagree with Biden.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the evacuees arent SIV holders.

14. Gioan Baotixita

What happened to you liberals in here. Have you guys turned sheep and willing to do the bidding for the Democrats?
    There was a time when liberals questioned authorities, spoke up for those who are unable to speak for themselves, willing to risk it all for what they believed in. I was drawn to those qualities before, but liberals today are nothing but a joke. That’s why I walked away.

blue_eyed_devil and IBTL like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you were a liberal under Trump as you questioned the authority of Trump's presidency?

DaDakota likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - WTF are you smoking? He is in jail for breaking military rules - this is not the government this is the military and he will have his day in court martial land.

Hell, the girl that was the whistle blower is still in jail.....I QUESTION your bullshit about being a liberal. And your sources are all fake news.

DD

VooDooPope, Ubiquitin and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Ya the dude broke the UCMJ. He should have resigned first and then spoke up. I agree with a lot of his general sentiments and it's not like I'm hoping this guy gets brig time but there is no "corrupt authority" here. It's literally the military running like an automated bot just charging someone who broke the UCMJ

18. Gioan Baotixita

Sheep

19. fchowd0311

Ronny Jackson is the epitome of the effect of Trump. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING turns into a political cult, even the god damn medical doctor.

20. Gioan Baotixita

Dumbest sheep in this forum.