1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advise Needed!! 2 speeding tix in 3 months

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ths balla, Mar 18, 2013.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

Let me preface by saying I havent had a speeding ticket since I was 16, I'm 25 now and have gotten 2 within the past 3 months in different counties.

I was gonna take DD this weekend to remove the first one and then I get this other ticket, 44 on a 30. If I take DD will it count for both tickets? Do I have to take it twice? Should I take DD for the first one to get rid of it, and then either ask to take DD or fight the case in court?

The reason I ask is bc the cop got me in a speed trap, I was going 44 on a 40 and then right when it turns to 30 I begin to slow down but the cop is literally posted up a few yard in from of the 30mph sigh and before that devise they have on some streets that actually post your speed limit for you, which I thought was odd, and catches me saying I was doing 44 on a 30.

My defense is that I felt I didnt have enough time to even slow down, as he caught me right as I was passing the 30mph marker. Any advise on what to do, thanks.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You can use DD for one but not both. I would call david sprecher or another attorney someone recommends to get you deferred adjudication or have the ticket dismissed.

you vs. the cop on the stand means you always lose

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ " :confused: Why would I help you?!?!?!"

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You vs. cop in a trial by jury doesn't always result in a loss and often results in nothing period.

On that speed trap one -- I once got a ticket coming off the highway on the off ramp. The highway speed was 65 I think, the merge lane was 30 I think, the feeder was probably like 45. Somehow this cop clocked me coming off the ramp. Did trial by jury and the persecutor or whoever is in there managing the line tried to bargain with me (deferred adjudication). I was like no, trial by jury brah. She got annoyed and dismissed the ticket.

Sounds like the same situation you are dealing with, it's a pee-pee game speed trap, it's not a real ticket, it's like when Kevin Martin used to draw those wussy fouls. **** doesn't work in the playoffs because everyone knows its a gimmick tactic.

#4 Ziggy, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  5. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

OP thank you. This thread reminded me I have to finish defensive driving by April 8th lol

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

1) Quit speeding
    2) Take defensive driving and submit for first ticket
    3) Pay 2nd ticket

You broke the law, you got busted.

[​IMG]

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

So I could either pay the fine, little over $200 im guessing, or I could go to trial by jury argue my point and if I lose, not only pay the ticket, but also the court fees?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you use that approach I'd see if you can get the 2nd ticket deferred. If not, trial by jury or defer the first ticket, see what the limit is on it (6 months?) and trial by jury the 2nd ticket, ask to have the date reset enough times that ticket #2 falls outside of the deferred adjudication window so you're off the hook for ticket 1.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

Yeah they sit in those spots because "you are supposed to be at the new speed as soon as you pass the sign".

I got pulled over once, was only at about 7 over in the process of letting my speed coast down. The cop just gave me a warning though since he knew that I was slowing down.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Shoulda offered the cop some donuts.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Nothing as bad as Meadows Cops in Stafford.

Got pulled over on a Saturday for an expired inspection, she gave me a ticket. Monday morning going to get inspection fixed, get pulled over again. Cop tells me they can ticket me every time they stop me until I get it fixed.

12. juicystream

I can't imagine a judge not throwing the 2nd one out.

13. ths balla

ths balla Member

I totally understand that, but y is he sitting right in front of the meter that shows your current speed limit. Just like Ziggy said, i think its a cheap tactic to catch people slowing down and adjusting to the new speed limit.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

slow down?

15. juicystream

It is a cheap tactic, but it doesn't change the fact that you slow down before the sign not after.

16. ths balla

ths balla Member

^

im guessing thats wat the court would say too. So I guess im just going to have to pay the damn thing.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You already admitted you were speeding by going 44 in the 40. Not a cheap tactic at all.

18. juicystream

You might get it dismissed on some technicality, but it probably isn't worth the time and court cost involved.

19. ling ling

ling ling Member

what was the first ticket for?

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I assume it was also speeding based on how his post reads.