1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advice- Was i right or Wrong

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oz Rocket, Nov 23, 2010.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand why you didn't take her calls. It doesn't make it right but I understand.

If you feel ditched after already feeling uneasy because there was nobody from work to talk to, at the time it can seem like the things added up, and weren't separate from one another.

After feeling that kind of insult (even if it is just imagined) you don't want to talk to the person.

That being said, you probably were over sensitive, and let your pride and whatever crap has built up from past relationships blow it way out of proportion. Hopefully you can blow it off as to you just being insensitive and laugh about it with the girl for how silly you were being. Just be really self deprecating and laugh at yourself.

My pride has blown things like this for me many times because I've over reacted in similar ways. The good news is that you can work on these kinds of issues if they happen more often than you would like. If it was a one and only time type thing, then don't worry about it.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

As has been said already, you overreacted and definitely should have taken her calls.
    You came off childish and hopefully she's still down for you.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Step your game up! jk lol Really though, you said she called you back 15 minutes later? Any of these things could've happened:

1/ Her and her friends thought you was lame/whack and all left you behind to another bar or place. 15 minutes later, she felt bad and decided to call you back with a believable story.

2/ She went in the bathroom at the same time you did, came out after you and found her friends were gone. She WAITED 15 minutes for you thinking you were still in the bathroom. Ended up calling you just for you to blow her off. She proceeds to call her friends to meet up where ever they went, wild n' out continues.

Depending on your situation and how the night was going, you should be able to guess what really happened. But you said it, she works with you and invited only YOU! Sounds like you were game enough in the first place so scenario 2 pobably happened. It is indeed wierd for you to chill with these strangers and put up a face but at least you created the opportunity. Kudos! Rise to the occasion out of your comfort zone (needing a wingman, buddies etc) and you will get some play. Call her back.

4. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

were you the 5th wheel?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please post her picture. We can then give you more qualified advice. Thanks in advance.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have never been ditched by a date, I was ditched for a few bar bills in college though, one by my professors, but they gave me an A so...no worries.

All in good fun....don't be afraid to answer the phone, ever, you can always hang up.

You are in control.

DD

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, I would have take her calls, to see why they leave.
    and like other say, if she wanted to ditch you, then she wouldnt have called you.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The story is a little strange.

I assume this party was winding down? Were people still finishing their meals, or had they been chit-chatting for a while when you went up to go to the bathroom. Maybe people were just about ready to go even before you left. The birthday girl said she was using the restroom, her friends said they were leaving and they'd meet up with her later on. The girl maybe figured she'd be in and out real quick to meet you, but had some bowel movement difficulties that delayed her in the bathroom.

9. Apps

Apps Member

I'm not so sure I understand the story, or at least I'm sure I don't understand the dynamic of what was going on here. Was the girl who invited you in the bathroom at the same time you were at the bathroom, and her friends simply decided to bar hop? And how many people were there total? Four (two sober dudes and two tipsy girls), or is it six including you and the girl? Was she tipsy as well? Is there some kind of romantic subtext between the two of you that led up to this invitation?

I, like some others, can understand your response. I can't say that I would've acted too differently, though I probably would've just answered the calls to see what happened. If her answer didn't sit with me right I'd probably just cut the convo and leave, but if she was trying to clear up a misunderstanding, then... perhaps you just messed up here.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think it depends if she is hot or not.

How long were you in the bathroom..?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You were wrong for not picking up the phone.

You weren't for leaving and being mad if you thought that you had been ditched.

I mean if she was ugly then it wouldn't matter either way.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Am I the only one who thought this was just a way for the girl to spend some time with him alone.

Do i get it right and she was still at home when you left, and her friends had left? Or did she leave with them?

if she was at her home and the rest left, it feels like she is in to you and tried to get some personal time with you. If she left with them, than it is kind of strange.

13. Apps

Apps Member

I agree with this. From what I gathered it all seemed like one big ruse to get the two of them some alone time. That's assuming that she was using the bathroom the same time he was or whatever, or... I don't even know. The guy needs to clarify the situation.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Hot or not, does the OP, OZ Rocket like this girl? You never mentioned whether you did or not. If you do, then just give her a call the next day. It's never too late.

15. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

You're not. I had the same exact thought...

16. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I find it all a little confusing, which leads me to believe it was likely just a miscommunication/misunderstanding. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, you have to work with the person.

With everyone being outside, it seems entirely possible that people were ready to move on with their evening. As long as they said goodbye to the birthday girl, it seems their social obligations were met.

If she really did stay behind to spend some one-on-one time with you, then you should have had some idea if the night was heading in that direction. And, girls restrooms are notoriously long waits.

If she actually took off with her friends, and then felt guilty about ditching you, and not wanting it to be awkward at work, then I can see her calling with that story. If that's the case, then...oh well. At least, she wasn't a total c**t and wanted to smooth things over.

The question is, did you have the sense that she would have liked to spend some one-on-one time with you?

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

wow...u sure seem to be high maintenance. she called you multiple times and yet you ignored her calls?

stop listening to your friends.

18. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

This guy gets a free meal and hes complaining.. youre a douche

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Let's clear something up first.

Were you invited as a friend or something else? That changes everything. If you are just friends, just forget the stupid thing and don't worry about it. If you are trying to hook up with this girl and her invite can be construed as interest, you way overreacted and you need to make up a story about your phone not working well.

What I'm confused on is whether the friends ditched her too? So you went to the bathroom, she went to the bathroom, and everyone left her? So where did she go when she got out of the bathroom? Seems odd.

Anyway, if you are interested in the girl, tell her when you came out of the bathroom you couldn't get a signal on your phone for some reason to call her back and you feel terrible. You waited a little while and then decided to leave.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't worry about it. These things happen all the time.

Next time invite her out to lunch, excuse yourself for a second to go the bathroom, wait around 5 minutes, go out and take a pic of her waiting, leave her, get on CFnet and post pics. win/win.