1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Advice] I need to buy a new car tomorrow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by redefined, Jan 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

My sister is going to take my car up to UT in the morning and I will be getting a new one tomorrow. I just found out about this when I came home from work.

Anyways, I've narrowed it down to either:

3 Series
    A4
    Lexus IS
    Infiniti G37

As of now I'm leaning towards the Lexus because I want to just flat out buy a car and not worry about anything down the road. If I go with the either the Audi or BMW, which I would prefer over the others, I will lease, and that doesn't make too much sense to me at this point. The G drives nicely but is lacking something material that I can't quite put my finger on. I think maybe it has something to do with it being a Nissan.

The Lexus is a nice complete car with above average looks and a very modern interior. I think it's the perfect mix between sport and luxury. They pay attention to all the small details too. It's not as fast as I'd like (I'm just going to stick with the RWD 250 if I get it), but it handles the corners well and has enough pick up for everyday driving. Plus, I know this car was built to last. I've posted on e90post and clublexus but they are a bunch of homers and won't give me any good insight.

So what do you think I should get?!

I only wish I had more time to decide :(

2. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Tommorow morning between 11am-Noon call into the Car Guy Show on 610. Jerry Reynolds is pretty much the most knowledgable vehicle man in Texas. He is also sponsored by dealerships across the city/state for every Make. He will tell you exactly the +/- each car and then give direct you to the sales managers of whatever dealership you decide and let them know the price/market that you are in.

My best friend is his producer and Jerry set me up at Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land with the Owner. It was Saturday, December 12th and I got there at 10am. After a testdrive and the business side of it, I was out of there by Noon with my new car. Easiest car buying/best deal I have ever made.

3. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

waaaaaahhh i don't know which amazing luxury car to buy waaaaahhhh

:p

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Everyone has those cars. Take a step up and get a Porsche. Demand it from your parents.

1 person likes this.
  5. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

If you have the money, get an M3. Looks amazing, especially the white one. Very good sports car but a bit pricey.

The G37 looks nice as well, and that would be my second choice.

I'm not too keen on performance btw, I'm mainly basing the choices on looks ;)

6. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised "my beau coup rich parents are about to get me my second car" thread... ;)

7. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Just get the BMW and don't look back.

8. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I have a 2007 328i coupe, with no options and I sometimes think I probably would have been better off with a similarly priced is250 with all the options. But if price is no object get the BMW with similar options, but is gonna cost way more than a more than a similarly speced out Lexus.

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Price is a factor. I don't want to spend that much and still not have bi-xenons, leather seats, keyless entry, and all the other fancy amenities that should be standard in these cars. I love BMW's more than any other car and if this was a few years ago I would've picked it up and not looked back. However, the new MY 2012 F30's are being introduced next year and I don't want to be stuck with this design, which I was never too fond of to begin with.

And I'm going through the same thought process as you right now. I think I'd rather have all the features plus a nicer interior with more comfortable seats at this point and still pay less.

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I agree, I know looks vary from person but I would rank it is250, g37, 3series sedan. The BMW sedan is very vanilla. Now the coupe on the other hand.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Why does it matter that the F30 is coming out in 2012? Unless you're going to get one? If you're not going to get one, then you'll be 'stuck' with any of the cars you listed.
    If you don't feel 'stuck' with the Lexus IS 250 but you feel 'stuck' with a BMW 335... then you have your answer.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised "I am a Dallas-Mavs-loving douchebag" thread?

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Anybody else get the distinct impression that somebody is terribly spoiled?

1 person likes this.
  14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

BMW is the way to go.

15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Audi R8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

only if you have $120k+ to kill

16. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

sigh if not then the g37

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not going to rain on the kid and it seems the op isn't worried about money, but like my father says all the time anyone can buy those cars, everyone can't afford one. remember that when one needs service checks, oil changes and such.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was going to suggest carmax if you need to buy a car in a hurry, but then i opened the thread and read your post. nevermind...

i drive a 2003 ford taurus w/ 155k miles on it - so what!

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Audi A5

20. kikimama

kikimama Member

My brother has a G37 '08 and my mom has an is250. I'd take the is250 over the G37 anyday. My cousin has a 3 series and seriously, that is an old mans car. The interior lights are orange and everything is so square. The is250 has smooth lines inside and out, and it's super quiet. Get the most decked out car you can afford. Whether it's all weather proof floor mats or a better stereo system, get the car that allows you the most options (navi, most specifically). You'll be surprised how much the price will jump on 3 series once you have to pay extra for all those "standard" equipment and they are all sold with some kind of B.S. package.