1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Advice] Feet Insole

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jbasket, Aug 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

I was introduced to an in insole that would apply equal pressure to my four arches in my feet.

I do not know much about the topic, but dang, I am young and got the "60 year old with a bad back" talk already and had to drop off the basketball team. I have done research of course, but it's hard to get both sides of the coin. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How old are you?

Get your breathing, hips, and core right. Improve mobility...

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude go to a podiatrist

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Working on that. And college.

Working on that.

5. platypus

platypus Member

Not to sound rude, but are you overweight?

Losing a few pounds might also help with you back pain.

I recently lost 30 or so pounds i put on while in school, it has done wonders for my back pain/ overall wellness.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Negative. Great shape; generally a good diet, and not too far removed from competitive sports yet. Did 5 miles yesterday plus lifting/stretching/strengthening, for example.

I could eat less chocolate though :p

Looking into it. Thanks for the advice.

9. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Disclaimer being that you should see a doctor/podiatrist before following my advice, as I am definitely neither...

I had always been under the impression that due to my severely flat feet, I should always have insole support. After struggling through a lot of foot pain and trying any number of insoles, including Dr Scholls custom-selected (from that foot-center pressure/weight deal) insoles that had my heel practically at a 45 degree angle, as well as a custom-molded version done by a podiatrist, I was resigned to just dealing with the pain since they never made much difference.

A torn ACL later, I got myself a pair of 'minimalist' Nike gym shoes for the rehab - super light, virtually no arch. Even in the earlier stages of the rehab, when I was only able to walk slowly on a treadmill, I noticed a huge difference.

I think there are so many factors in terms of gait, how you lean when you walk and run at various speeds, foot position when landing, etc...that the cookie-cutter answers are not going to work for everybody.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Go to a certified Pedorthist and they can help find the right insoles for you.

My daughter has feet problems and the insoles that work for her are as follows

Pinnacle full maxx. These are great if you want shock absorption and stability
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e full maxx&qid=1443966087&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Sol thin sport footbeds
    These are heat moldable so they as close to a custom orthotic as you are going to get without spending hundreds of dollars

http://www.amazon.com/SOLE-Thin-Spo...6130&sr=8-1&keywords=sol+thin+custom+footbeds

Superfeets
    There are a variety of sizes and cushion base on needs. The best thing about these is that they sell them at REI, so if they don't work, REI will take them back. They are expensive though. My daughters carbons were 60 bucks, but they were the only ones that fit her soccer cleats.

withmustard likes this.