1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advantages of 6th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Por: Utah: Dal: Hou:
    Bos GS @Det Chi
    Mia Minn @Minn OKC
    @GS @Pho Hou @Dal
    @Sac SA Mem Pho
    OKC LAC @Lac Lal
    Minn @Den @Uta @Minn
    Den Dal SA Sac
    Lal
    Portland to me have a pretty tough schedule and i think its very relaistic to think we can pass them, iam a little more worried about Utah. They have an OK schedule but 6/8 home games. But if we do get the 6th seed:

1.We play OKC. Both the Spurs and Warriors are undefeated at home this season and there is no way either team will get eliminated in the first round.
    OKC are beatable, and their offense can be predictable, although it hasnt been like the past this year. They are 30-9 at home, so we could steal one.

2.We play SA instead of GS in the second round, who i feel we match up pretty well against if healthy.

3.Win/Win with KD.If We somehow manage to get the 6th seed, and eliminate OKC that would pretty much guarantee KD to Houston. You got harden (NBA Bestie) and Beasley(Real Life Bestie) with the room for another max and the choice of the head coach.
    Thats alot to offer him, and if we beat his original team without him, it might give him enough incentive to just say **** it iam going to HOU.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

A couple of things-

Of course there are big advantages of the 6th seed. GSW is one of the best teams of all time. SAS would be in conversation for one of the best seasons in a long time if they weren't being overshadowed by Golden State. Of course, in almost all cases, being a higher seed is better than being a lower one. That's the way they decided to set up the playoff system.

Would we have a chance of beating OKC? Sure, of course we would. Would it be a higher chance than Golden State or San Antonio? Absolutely. Would I bet any money on us beating OKC? With this team this year, no chance.

But even if we did manage to get the 6th seed, pull off the upset and beat OKC, that would in no way "guarantee" Durant to Houston. There will be a lot of things factoring in to Durant's decision and I don't think he would decide just because one team beat his in the playoffs- even if we do have a couple of his friends.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Lol no way in hell this Rockets team wins enough to see 6. We will win enough to get embarrassed on national television by GSW or SAS

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

This would at least get Durant out of OKC, and assuming he doesn't go to GSW, that would be a win for us.

5. chandlerbang21

Portland is better than houston i dont see rockets getting to 6th seed

1 person likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

The way OKC is playing lately, how Dwight will be a target and get a lot of fouls, the ability for either Durant or Westbrook to go off, I'd say we would not have a much better chance to beat them over SAS or GSW. Harden is playing great lately, but with the way Howard is behaving and playing lately and Beverley not the quick one he used to be, it will be an ass whooping that might even scare Durant off. If we had a motivated Dwight along with the Beverley of 2013-2014 I'd say we would stand a good chance.

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This, I don't feel like Portland is going to fall off the last couple games of the season. I don't think we can catch them..

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I watch all portlands games.

There really not that good they'll lose there next two games against Boston and miami.

And still have games against GS and OKC.

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Our schedule is pretty weak, especially if OKC is resting players. This could be a winning streak, and this is coming from someone who is pretty pessimistic about this team.

10. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

The Rockets would have to win 6 of the last 7 games to have a shot at the 6th seed imo, and I don't see that happening at all..

1 person likes this.
  11. jogo

jogo Member

I don't think we can get to 6th-there's just not enough games left.

But I would much rather play OKC than SAS or GS.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I find it hard to believe that Durant would leave a top 3 team in the west to come play for an 8th seed unless there was another big star involved and we form a big 3 but then the 3rd star would need to take a paycut.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

It may come down to the conference record tiebreaker.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

Advantages of 6th seed:

Beas averages 30 against OKC
    Rox win series
    KD is swept off his feet, comes to play in htine with his 2 best buddies JH and Beas

15. omgTHEpotential

Homer thread is homer. OKC sweeps Rockets 4-0.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

7th or 8th spot is realistic

6th would be if something totally weird happens to Portland

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Warriors and Spurs have injuries galore. You want to play them in the first round when they are vulnerable.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets had their chances to get up to 6th and even 5th but now it may be unlikely.

We just turned too many corners and ended up at the same place. Instead of turning corners and going straight

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

JB is too bad of a coach to expect this team to go on any consistent enough run to climb the standings. It's not impossible for this team to get to the 6th seed but not even the biggest homer should expect it. This team has personnel issues no doubt but with a real coach they should have been no lower then a 5th seed in the weaker West this year. Even if McHale was still here I believe the Rox would have been in 5th seed by now. McHale isn't really a championship level type coach either but he is better then JB. JB has been hit and miss with coaching this team and has failed to help this team gain some type of identity and direction. JB is just one of the boys and not really head coaching material at this point so I'm keeping my expectations low until we get a real coach to give the team some direction.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

What injuries lol