1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ADVANCED WARNING: Harden will have a bad game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

if this is what a bad game will look, then I’ll take that all day...mediocre 21 points, but 9 assists, and elite D

Harden is legit very good on defense now...not average or slightly above, but very good

people still want to hang on to the past...how many times are we gonna hear “believe it or not, Harden has improved on defense”...or “Harden is playing a little defense now”...like he isn’t straight locking dudes up and disrupting offensive sets with his great hands and excellent timing...he’s even taking charges

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

And his post D is elite.

Huge difference when House is guarding Gallo than when Beard guarding Gallo.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Bad shooting game*

Killatron 2000 and D-rock like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

people just don’t want to accept that Harden is now a very good defender

What more does he have to do?

post defense better than most bigs...hands on New Orleans CP3 levels...team defense and rotations on point...if this was Lebron and not Harden and his stigma, they’d be campaigning for him to make an All-Defense team

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

What we can't afford from him is a horrible shooting game with 8 or 9 turnovers. And even then, if Russ is back, who knows? :D

6. riko

riko Member

Had a bad shooting game but his floor general game was insane good. He had 9 assists and no turnovers. Yes no turnovers with Dort and Paul plus SGA hounding him all game. He was engaged as well on defense.

In the fourth when the Thunder got it to 9 harden scored 7 straight points to put away as well. Delivered in the clutch

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

The Official NBA Bubble Trigger Warning and Advisory:

"Please note that teams including your favorite team may not play as well as fans expect and hope for; therefore watching NBA games may contribute to your sense of unhappiness with life and add to your already soul-crushing levels of despair and ennui. Parental discretion is advised."

8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Heck noo.. just because we won, doesn't mean at the time that was the right move...

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

o_O

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

people will quickly accept that Luka is elite offensively , but God-forbid james harden can improve his game

Reeko likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its+beautiful+brings+a+tear+to+my+eye+_7749ad98ce11ac2265ff95cdddf5b4ba.gif

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

@Mathloom please tell us the next winning lottery numbers

jch1911, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

zero turnovers
    9-9 FTs
    1 of 2 3's in the fourth
    and he only shot 16 times during the game
    he probably attacked the paint around 15 times if I have to take a guess

LOFs and haters here focus on a negative and purposely ignore the positive big picture

jch1911, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No, he's dumb and stubborn and immature and can't seem to grow. All we can get out of him is like 30/10/6/2/1 with good defense in the playoffs.

Maybe we can make some use of him as a role player? You think he can?

We're only 2-0 now, I bet we'd be better than that if we listened to advice going away from smallball.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sure bro, it's:

4-1
    4-3
    4-3
    4-2

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree wholeheartedly with @Mathloom here, eloquently put. Something non-Rockets-fan-Harden-haters would benefit to hear, but would probably just cover their ears screaming even if they did.

... But I just feel obligated to say that game 6 of round 2 in 2017... That was more than a bad game. I don't know what exactly it was. I don't know what happened. But I just cannot wrap my mind around that being nothing more than a deviation from the mean, or even just a major outlier. Something was up. And whatever it was, I hope to god it never happens again. And I believe it won't. (Especially in the Orlando bubble where bars and strippers are presumably harder to come by)

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

If you think Harden had a bad game tonight, then you either didn't actually watch the game or don't know basketball.

D-rock likes this.
  18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Hang on, am I understanding you properly? Are you calling 21 points on 16 shots, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, and 0 turnovers, all in a double-digit playoff win against a very good defensive team, not only a bad game, but "atrociously bad"?

EDIT: Just realized this post was made before the end of the game, but still lol. His numbers weren't much worse at that point.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Concussion isn't unlikely.

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

He didn't think Harden had a bad game but an atrociously bad game.

Air Canada likes this.