1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adult Basketball Leagues?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mogrod, Aug 23, 2004.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Myself, my brother and a couple of guys I know want to get a team together and join an adult basketball league somewhere and was wondering if anyone knows of any we could join. We aren't looking for something too serious, but would like it to be somewhat competitive. We all live around the Sugar Land/Missouri City area. I've tried Fort Bend YMCA but have not gotten an answer yet.

So, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well I can't help you too much in that area, but...

I do know that the Houstonian has a fall league that is being signed up right now (though someone problably has to be a member) and, though not a league, the basketball court at the YMCA (it actually may be a YWCA) at Memorial and Waugh always has people playing around 6 pm during the week that are fairly competitive. Again, that isn't a league though.

3. mogrod

Yea, we are looking for a league, but thanks for the info.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I want to get back into a league again like i used to. We played at the YMCA on POST OAK they have leagues all the time and different competition levels. There is like a A B C leagues, The C leagues is still competitive but not as bad as the others. They play on different days. We had games on Sunday Nights and it was a lot of fun and very organized.

If there is any roster openining i would be down to definently join.

5. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Are these leagues where you get together with friends and run a team out there?

Are there any leagues which actually have a coach who teaches you how to play? Drills and all that stuff?

6. synergy

synergy Member

Where I work out at (Westside Tennis club) they run an adult basketball league through a portion of the year. I think they are taking applications for new teams right now. I will have to check up on that though.

The teams from what I see are pretty competitive. There are about 10-12 teams in the league. I'm not sure if you can just join a team or if you need a full 12 though.

It looks pretty fun, and you play on the old Rockets practice facility. They have 24 second clock, regulation clock and all.

Here is picture of court

I would give them a call if you are interested.

7. mogrod

Wow, that sounds great! But do you know if these teams are full of just regular guys like me who just want to have fun, or are full of guys who are like semi-pro (or think they are) which there is no way I could compete? I am ok, I can hold my own, but I am certainly not someone who can hang with a bunch of guys who have excelled in college and up.