1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 17, 2001.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I just noticed that he's no longer with the Celtics. He's playing with the Pacers in the summer league. He actually had a great game today.

I absolutely LOVE this guy. He's a defensive wizard whose hustle seems to be limitless. Rick Pitino even said that Griffin was their MVP the first half of his rookie season, before he injured his ankle. I assume that the only reason he's out of Boston is because of the Celtics' picks.

If the Rockets don't keep Shandon, Adrian Griffin would be PERFECT as a fourth guard on our roster. He does not require minutes and can be put into the lineup to help neutralize the other team's leading scorer (a la Bruce Bowen). In fact, with the exception of a little athleticism, he brings everything we'd need from Shandon. We could get this guy for the minimum.

I'm not sure, but he might have some family in Houston. I interviewed him 1 1/2 years ago when the Celts came to Houston (I was working on a story on the CBA; Griffin was the CBA MVP in 1999). He went directly from my interview to the stands to see his mother and family, etc.

Again, I love this guy. He's shy but a real stand-up guy who works harder than anyone on the court. If he's available at all, the Rockets need to jump all over this guy. He'd be an absolute STEAL!!!!

Remember, two Griffins are better than one!

------------------

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

The Pacers will undoubtedly sign him and have him play back up to Reggie. Im sure they can pick him up really cheap.

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest