1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Admins: what's up with deleting my thread?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DanHiggsBeard, Jul 15, 2005.

1. drapg

drapg Member

What's funny is when I saw Pipe's thread that is titled "HP FANS: DANHIGGSBEARD THREAD IS A SPOILER!", I assumed he meant Hewlett Packard.

Never heard of Harry Potter referenced to as HP. Actually, I don't know jack about Harry Potter all together.

Now if he could run the 40 in 4.3 seconds, maybe I'd give a damn.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Guys, he may already be banned! :eek:

So, it looks like another piling on may not happen. :( :p ;)

And the wrong music sites like Pitchfork. :rolleyes:

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

He was obviously trying to piss people off with the thread. There was no real discussion such as, "hey guys, i found out what happened in Harry Potter, it's....." Instead he had a misleading thread title, and then purposefully started the post off with spoilers in all caps. The pure maliciousness of the thread could be considered a bannable offense by the administrators. Not to mention the legal ramifications that someone mentioned earlier. The thread was trash, it did not deserve any warning before being deleted, and he's got a lot of nerve to be complaining about it.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I assumed it meant HeyPartner. What with MacBeth coming back and all, it wouldn't be too surprising. :)

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn, when was this thread written?! I totally missed it! :eek:

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't the let the door hit your arrogance on the way out.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think he just snapped... apparently has some built-up hostility. The thread was entitled "Harry Potter Fans" and when you clicked on it, it was 4 or 5 ALL CAPS spoilers (true or not). It was basically an ******* being an *******.

The funny thing is DanHiggsBeard never "payed" (cough) anything. Some posters tried to raise money for ClutchFans by having gmail account auctions. DHB objected to that and tried to give out free accounts to undermine the auction. Ironically, MasterBaiter offered to make a contribution for anyone who sent him an account, and DHB quickly jumped on that (posts #30, #42, #44 and #45).

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=78968&page=2

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The last post by Clutch and 1. by DHB made me laugh. You didn't pay for jack son and as said anyway it's a donation. I guess when i give the Salvation Army a dollar inthose buckets it entitles me to whatever I want from them.

9. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Hey, me too. OK well, I re-finished Goblet of Fire Monday and I'm rereading Order right now. Although, my birthday isn't until next week, so I'm in no rush to finish it.

I'm glad I didn't see the thread either. I definitely don't want any preconceived notions when reading the new book.

[/dorkiness] :)

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm actually a HP fan and that thread would of pissed me off. If it was Star Wars I would of killed him.

That being said, I kind of liked DHB. I hope he figures it out and returns one day.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad to know that dutch auction went well.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

He told me had some Can mix CD that he was going to send me - never heard back from him. Therefore, he won't be missed. :D

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

harry potter sucks

what a nerd, i cant believe he got mad about somone closing a damn thread.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

An ******* shouldn't overexpose itself....

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm glad I missed the thread, I'm looking forward to the new book.

But this thread is priceless. It's always nice when clutch comes in and sets the record straight.

Thanks Clutch. This site rocks.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think this fits the context...

http://yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_22620.shtml

Andy Borowitz: Man Commits Suicide after Learning Harry Potter Spoiler
    'I No Longer Have a Reason to Live,' Says Despondent Potter Fan

A rabid Harry Potter fan took his life yesterday after inadvertently learning a plot spoiler from the soon-to-be-released J.K. Rowling opus, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

Jude Ralston, 32, of Hudson, Ohio left a suicide note indicating that since overhearing the plot spoiler at a shopping mall earlier in the day, "I no longer have a reason to live."

Family and friends who gathered for a candlelight memorial outside Mr. Ralston's house remembered a man who seemed to live only for Harry Potter – and wondered if they could have done anything to prevent his tragic fate.

"When Jude got that vanity license plate that said ‘Hogwarts,' that seemed harmless enough," said Polly Clovis, who attended Model U.N. with Mr. Ralston while the two were in high school. "But when he started wearing that wizard hat around town, we really should have seen that as a cry for help."

According to friends of Mr. Ralston, the Potter fanatic had done everything in his power to protect himself from stumbling across Potter plot spoilers, even disconnecting his computer from the Internet and avoiding his favorite vintage comic book store.

Ms. Clovis said that she hoped Mr. Ralston's death would cause federal authorities to tighten the flow of Harry Potter plot information to prevent similar tragedies from taking place.

"In my heart I believe that could have saved Jude's life, even if he didn't have one," she said.

Elsewhere, President Bush called the jailing of a New York Times reporter "a positive step," but warned that many other reporters were still at large.

Andy Borowitz writes a daily humor column at www.borowitzreport.com and is the author of a new book, The Borowitz Report: The Big Book of Shockers.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

humor, ooops.

#37 AMS, Jul 16, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Couldn't he have gotten Clutch in legal trouble if someone came across the board and saw that?

That wasn't cool.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What's funny about this is how drapg (a non-contributing member) was thanking him soooo much for giving out the free email addresses so he wouldn't have to bid in the auction. Not to pick on drapg, but if you're going to come on here and talk about the new house you've bought and how you're looking at a new H3, you may want to think about dropping Clutch a contribution...

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn't notice that until now that he was the only one to circumvent the auction who isn't a contributor. But that is his choice.