1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden might be more liquid than les pretty soon

2. Fantasma Negro

Someone photoshop these ketchup and mustard
    [​IMG]

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Thanks!

Klay Thompson was a surprise at #5 though with all the GS fans nationwide, maybe not too much so. Durant after being #2 last year fell out of the top 10 to 11th due to missing most of the year.

So harden was 7th in jersey sales after an MVP caliber year and was 10th the year before... yup, looks like addidas or will definitely be overpaying if either gives him 200 million.

This in comparison to Under Armour which signed Curry for under 4 million a year for ?? years, which has already seen enormous success for the company. http://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-curry-shoe-deal-under-armour-2015-8

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I understood the Kyrie signing - it's dollars and sense. He was young, flashy, and most importantly just joining Lebron who we know would get him into the Finals for the next few years at least. The visibility of playing along with Lebron and eventually taking over for Lebron as the king of Nike was a story they felt like they could monetize - especially given Kyrie still had at least 10 more high level years left in him.

....the Adidas offer is a bold move and I say Harden should take the money and run. Nike hasn't really done too much for Harden's visibility - at least Adidas recognizes that Harden as a trendsetter is an untapped market.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't think it's an overpay. Adidas can't have all the 2nd rate stars and expect to gain traction in the shoe market - they have to make a play to get a legit superstar and right now Harden is available, young, and has the respect with ballers that you want if your trying to sell sneakers. If not Harden, who else would they sign?

...honestly though - I'm kind of shocked that Harden and Anthony Davis got so little being Nike endorsees - didn't seem like they were part of Nike's plans . At least Under Armour is out there trying to sell the image of Steph Curry - Nike wasn't doing jack for Davis or Harden.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Harden is so good..

He used the Kardashian for publicity ...to. get more money and fame..:grin::confused:

That so cheap to a point he become a Beardashian

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

hope he stays with Nike.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Adidas is smart.

I meant everyone else who is laughing at Adidas and saying "no way Nike matches"

Which is bigger. Adidas or Nike?

Who wants Harden more. Adidas or Nike?

I love when people miss the point and context of my posts.

That was sarcasm. I don't love when people miss the point and context of my posts. But sometimes I have to expand on what I mean on the point and context of my posts so people don't miss the point and context of my posts.

Like you missed the point and context of my post.

Hope you got the point and context of my post this time.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden for first Player-Owner in sports?

10. bongman

bongman Member

This is what OKC could not offer the beard. With Russ and Kevin beside him, he would not come close to this.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm too lazy to look into it right now..but do these lucrative deals usually have performance conditions? Is it similar to a salaried contract where bonuses are given based on All-Star appearances etc. or is it largely upfront money. For instance, I'm sure Adidas gave D Rose insane money for his shoe deal as well...buyer's remorse?

12. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I talked to a nike exec responsible for these deals on a flight to europe, and he told me that the numbers you hear in the press are 2x the real numbers. The agents just leak them so they can use them as a starting point for the next deal they negotiate. That being said, even 100 million is a whole bunch of money.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is because our jerseys are ugly as ***.

15. Fantasma Negro

http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2014/09/adidas_hires_three_all-star_ni.html
    These guys have been battling Nike in court all year long because of a violation of their non-compete clause and have yet to design anything for Adidas yet. Nike settled the matter in court last week and now these innovative designers are free to create the perfect shoe for James Harden.

http://sleekmoney.com/nike-inks-deal-to-supply-the-nba-nysenke/346875/

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They could sell so much more if they went retro ketchup and mustard, but Les won't because of his Chinese overlords.

17. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

James needs a low top similar to the Kobe 8.

[​IMG]

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Harden should sign with Etonics.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden is the runner-up MVP, dates a Kardashian and might sign a 200m shoe deal. Push it to the limit James! <a href="http://t.co/5EFahyEg4l">http://t.co/5EFahyEg4l</a></p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/628223913936289792">August 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Here's a list of some NBA athletes who have worn Adidas footwear in-game. Anyone notice a common theme?

• Derek Rose
    • Dwight Howard
    • Eric Gordon
    • Iman Shumpert
    • Joakim Noah
    • Joel Embiid
    • Danilo Gallinari
    • DMo
    • Ricky Rubio
    • Ersan İlyasova

• TMac