1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

shoes shouldn't have to support your feet. Your feet support your feet. All you really need is protection from the ground and around your toes, which is why so many shoes are getting lighter. Maybe you heel strike more than you should and that's what is causing your pain.

2. i3artow i3aller

Disappointed in the lack of colorways Adidas is giving Harden early on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Pete's sake Smoove had better customs of these kicks for our playoff run than Beard does as their $200 million man. Beard's pair should also have full length boost :rolleyes:

3. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I love em. nice and plain, not ugly like Dames kicks.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not a big fan of all white, but if you added some color tones to these, I'd pick up a pair in a heartbeat

5. rocketseagles07

And this is the exact reason why he's not gonna sell. Shoes sell because they look dope... The player who they're made for just adds to it. Look at Kobe's sales with Adidas in comparison to Nike. I HATE Bryant, but if he's has dope shoes I'll buy them. I don't care if Adidas gets Jordan they'll never reach Nike level until their design team steps up

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Three of Nike's best designers just went to Adidas. I'm not even sure designs matter anymore for Nike/Jordan. Their best sellers are the sneakers that were designed in the 80's and 90's that they re-release in OG and new colors.

7. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

If you read the article they are going to be making custom colourways for Harden. Nike is still very much all over Adidas but hopefully adidas make a nice signature shoe for Harden.
    This crazy light boost is heading in the right direction imo.
    Im a big fan of the Kobe signature range and the new KDs are pretty dope too.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

These are seriously the plainest shoes I've seen. All white is so original. Can your 200 million dollar man get his own custom signature shoe? These are like the generics on 2k. Boring.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

His signature shoes are coming next year. It takes time.

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

What? In my boys case, he's 9. Noticed he was running flat footed in his game and asked him about it afterwards and he said his heels have been hurting for a few weeks (which was how long he'd been wearing the Adidas). Went back to wearing his old Nike's and 'no more pain'. FYI he doesn't know or care about Nike Vs Adidas or the differences and didn't even question whether the pain was caused by the shoe. But in Nike's, he's now running 'normally' again.
    Sure everyone' feet are different blah blah blah.
    Truth be told, we only got the adidas because a: The nike store had nothing that 'looked' better and b: Harden has signed with them. (Funny but true).
    Nike Air Max ordered online arrived today. Hallelujah!

Sorry James - I'm staying with Nike. But hope you're feet are OK and you enjoy the cash.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

it usually takes some time before the signature shoe... in the meantime harden can try them all and see what he likes.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just add the 3 stripes and it works.

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

relax, it will come. they didnt sign him for $200M to give him their generic guard shoe. they obviously couldn't design a signature with his input until he was officially with them.

i actually think all white colorways are clean as f so i like those

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL at people just 21 days after Harden officially started his Adidas contract be like "that's all Adidas can come up with?"

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

adidas sucks

16. rocketseagles07

Adidas makes a lot of dope stuff when it comes to runners. But their basketball shoes are always trash

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I guess im the only one who love the all whites?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

No Halloween shoes for you!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adidas creates Halloween versions of the D Rose 6 and D Lillard 1 shoes <a href="https://t.co/yKHem7QRCN">https://t.co/yKHem7QRCN</a> <a href="https://t.co/TTUcsuUZXl">pic.twitter.com/TTUcsuUZXl</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/658765891740545024">October 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

judging by addidas's design for DRose and Dlillard shoes, I wouldn't get too excited for Haden's signature shoe next year.

20. macho87

macho87 Member

Adidas has never made a good looking basketball shoe. Everrr