1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ADHD medication (Adderall) help.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jcee15, Aug 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sometimes they are at home but don't mind...we have a couple of neighbors who just let their kids do whatever, and shocker, they got diagnosed as well.

I think they just need a good dose of discipline and structure.....but...it ain't gonna happen.

I predict their kids will be the ones doing the drugs and getting in major trouble as they get older......the oldest is going into 6th grade, so far, right on track.

DD

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I got custody of my son to get him off of that ADHD ****. He is doing sooooooo much better now that he is off that crap. He is so much happier. I think that it is nothing but a money making scheme that hurts our kids.

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

These drug companies are going to ruin the lives of many young ppl.. i'm pretty sure you don't need any drugs.. just JESUS!! :grin:

4. Major

Major Member

While true, I'd point out that placebo medicine does often work. Regardless of WHY it works, if it works and addresses the underlying condition, then it can be a great solution because it actually doesn't involve chemicals/etc. I recently read about some studies that showed placebo surgeries even worked for certain types of arthroscopic knee surgeries and some heart surgeries - the control groups got the surgeries, while they just put people under and made incisions in the test group, and they showed the same improvements.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

pretty insane to be diagnosing kindergartners with freaking adhd and then drugging them up rather than working with them to figure out ways to control it with out ****ing drugs. man our society is really screwed up.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

teachers especially will appreciate this video. there's a snippet about ADHD but i think it's worth watching the whole thing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iG9CE55wbtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iG9CE55wbtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

weird..i went to my primary dr yest to ask about focus/attention problems. she referred me to a psycologist and that lady said i need to come in for testing and only then can they verify anything.

my only issues are not paying attention in lectures/ not listening to people without drifting away after 2 mins/ not being able to read 1 paragraph in a book without focusing on the ticking clock.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I take adderall every semester for finals and end up losing at least 5 lbs. in the process. To combat the loss of appetite, I always try to eat a HUGE meal before taking it. You'll eventually learn how to eat on it but it'll take some time.

But I always keep some type of protein shake (Met-Rx, Muscle Milk) in the fridge to get the vitamins and protein.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can I haz some?

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Don't worry about the loss in appetite. It will come back with a little time. You will also get used to the Adderall so it won't work as well. When I started taking it in my early 20's, it felt like Nirvana. I finally knew what normal people felt like. However, the stuff started giving me anxiety and made me irritable so I stopped taking after a year or so.

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's how I am all the time. But you have to do what you have to do, you know? As long as the thought of food isn't making you nauseous or something, just eat what tastes good. You don't have to get excited about it.

Eating and sleeping is a hassle, IMO, but you gotta do it...

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

For some reason, it feels like this thread is a successful troll attempt.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Go to your nearest CVS Pharmacy and ask. You could do Walgreens but they suck :grin:

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If you lost 10 pounds in 5 days you needed to lose some weight anyways.

How much are you on?

15. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

wtf old thread, lol...

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

This is the only thread i could find and didnt want to start a new one.

My prescription price went up about $60 in one month. Anyone else have this happen?

17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

This thread was obviously started by a speeding OP.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It goes away. As you get used to it these annoying symptoms will dissapear.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeahhh... uhhhhmmm... OLD THREAD, man. OP probably realized he just needed attention. :eek:

What's with all these Necro Bumps?!?!!?

Did someone slip and hit their head on the toilet and invented time travel? :confused:

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I was once diagnosed with this crap when I was in middle school. All I needed was a good beating.

It made me not want to sleep either.