1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman on Rome at 12:30pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Possum

Possum Member

Did anyone really expect more? Were talking about Jim Rome here. He doesnt host a sports talk show. He hosts a cult radio show that worships himself. :rolleyes: I hate Steven A Smith witha passion but I would rather listen to his pompus arogant ass all day than one minute of that talentless wuss Rome. :mad: I wish Rome and Jim Everate would duke it out in a celebrety death match. That would be about the only way you could get me to watch him.

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Coach A was probably told to keep quiet since major moves are on the way.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

LMAO :D

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

about the only time Rome was intresting...
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Man, the Rome haters are out in full efect. I enjoy listening to Romie, yeah he gets irritaging sometimes but I'd rather listen to him than most of the local sports shows and definetly over Dan Patrick.

In all fairness, what did you expect to hear from Adelman that you wouldn't have heard already on local radio and at the press conference?

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Hate to be the opposition here, but nationally NBA fans would rather hear about the Finals, not about a team that got knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that would be nice, but they barely talked about the finals as well

8. rocketsmetalspd

Nothing here to see or hear move along please...

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

that was great, I was really waiting for some news to hear about his family.

10. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I liked Rome YEARS ago for about 3 months. He just bashes people that don't come on his show and gives head to those who do. Anyone that makes the slightest mistake in any way (on the field..in life) if a horrid loser. (unless they come on his show....then everyone makes mistakes) I don't understand how he has such a following. If I hear another "I spit coke out my nose onto my keyboard that was so funny Jim" I'm going to vomit on mine.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What was that all about? Why did Rome start calling him "Chris"? Without knowing the background, Rome seemed like a total jerk for doing that live on his show.

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

when in doubt, wikipedia

Rome gained notoriety for an incident on his ESPN2 show in 1994 when he repeatedly called NFL quarterback Jim Everett "Chris" (after Chris Evert, the female tennis player), from the argument that Everett shied away from getting hit. Appearing as a guest on the show, Everett warned Rome about repeating the insult and then challenged Rome to do so. When Rome did, Everett physically attacked Rome while still on the air, overturning a table and knocking Rome to the floor.

13. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

That's awesome....
    Not being a US resident, I'd never heard of Rome before but I like him already

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Think he had also been calling him that for a while on his radio show before the incident above, so it had kind of been boiling if I remember right

15. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Not if you have even half a brain. Ask Clutch or just about any mature poster here. One cool incident does not make up for 1000 idiotic ones. That wasn't really cool anyway other that Rome getting thrown down.