1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman hinting at tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 1, 2010.

1. parmesh

parmesh Member

2. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I just cant figure out what is the obsession with Wall. I watched a couple of games,and all I saw was a little dude cheering on the sidelines like a cheerleader,then throwing some nice ally opp passes to the big center and basically getting matched for matched by the opposing pg from the other team. This was back in early November so I cant remember any names or team I just watched specifically for wall and didnt see a game changer. I already got a nickname for him John rookie wall.

pure guess here,I say the young stud from Texas will be the "steal" of the draft . griffin or something.

3. RocketMania1991

0.O

Wall is a freak of an athlete and would go #1 even if the hornets with Chris Paul got the pick.

You don't pass up a player of his caliber if you truly watch his game he game perfectly fits the NBA level.

4. LifeisButaDream

Is are starting line up hinting at tanking? :eek:

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He still has some growing pains to get through, but I firmly believe he will be better than Tyreke and Rose.

His court vision is artistic... he's fast as lightning and jumps like he has springs in his feet.

Honestly, you probably saw his last couple games on ESPN right? Well, those were pretty much his worst two games of the season so far.

With Cousins doing well they keep feeding him rather than running the DDM. When they are running it, that's when John John shows his real potential. Against Vanderbilt, I would say they ran the DDM about 15% of the time... rough estimate of course. :)

As for this thread. I doubt seriously that this is in any way an admission of defeat for Rick. Maybe Joey and Cook are showing something in practice and he wants to give them a chance. Or maybe Joey is, and Cook is trying to get equal opportunity.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why just hint? Prove it through your actions! PLAY BRIAN COOK AND JOEY DORSEY!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i understand but i still dont feel sorry for someone making millions sitting there. just dont and never ever will.............

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Good player doubt he can lead a team. So when is the last time a PG ever won a championship being the best player on his team? This is what NY or NJ or who ever drafts him will be stuck with. I can't see the 1st pick passing up the one of many bigs for a PG.

9. RocketMania1991

That's a dumb argument just because in recent years a PG hasn't "lead" his team to a championship doesn't mean they cant.

NY doesn't even have a first round draft pick there's goes to the Jazz so they can't get Wall at least right now.

And you use the word "stuck" as if some team taking wall is a burden.....

And you will see bigs getting passed up for Wall. He is the 100% no doubt about it first round pick this year. Doesn't matter which team gets the #1 pick he's going first.

10. rooney

rooney Member

then they should give Budinger more minutes as well. then bring him over to the Fonde rec center after the season

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Then fill me in? When was the last time?

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Magic? thats along time ago and even before that besides a 6'9 oversized PG who had skills , but was not your adverage PG or just a very good not 6'9 PG i can't remember when.

13. RocketMania1991

Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Deron Williams

Those three Point Guards alone could lead a team to a championship.
    But they can't do it alone.....just because they are great point guards doesn't make up for the deficiencies around them.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Those players will never win a chip being the best player on their teams.

15. Mr. Space City

new york DESPERATELY needs a point guard.

and seeing how new jersey already has solid bigs with yi and lopez they could still go for wall.

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Or trade one of those for Rose and draft a big.

17. Mr. Space City

chicago would not be willing to give up rose especially with the possibility of getting wade in the off season

18. RocketMania1991

NY Can't draft wall they don't have a first round pick this year :rolleyes:

19. RocketMania1991

Bulls would never part with Rose for Yi lol or Lopez

20. Mr. Space City

i know but im just pointing out there are teams that need point guards more than bigs.