1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman hinting at tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 1, 2010.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Its not all about Wall, despite what my signature may say :grin:, of course his going to be every one's first choice. But in this draft there are bunch of other intristing prospects(mostly big men) in the top 15, that have could have as much Super star potential as Wall (Donatas, Favors, Whiteside, etc, to name a few)

PS. trying to land Durant is bigger pipe dream than drafting John Wall...

--RB

2. LifeisButaDream

No thanks we got Mr.Andersen. :eek:

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Adelman figured since we were going to lose a few more games with Lowry out, might as well do some scouting on the end-of-bench guys.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sounds good . . . tank away!

5. RocketMania1991

Rick understands that we aren't going to be competitive in the playoffs might as well plan for the future.

Smart idea

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i wouldnt mind tanking.

our offense gets atrocious when defenses clamp down and force either Brooks or Landry to create. Brooks is a scorer and Landry only has one move in the post. we need a high IQ ball handler who can facilitate but right now we look worse than the memphis grizzlies.

7. RocketMania1991

I'll make note of this.

John wall has a huge ceiling much further than brooks.

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Tanking also means no trade going down for Mac because if Rick thought we were getting an injection of talent tanking wouldn't be on his mind.

I think they should try and get something for Mac if he just expires and we get nothing for his contract the whole Mac experiment was a even bigger failure. Next let's let Yao walk without trading him or resigning him.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Cook vs Dorsey

[​IMG]

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I see us landing Butler/Gallinari/Bayless. Face it. NY has a bigger fish to fry then to worry about Curry and Jeffries as to where McGrady will end up. They'll no doubt in my mind have to caugh up Gallinari just to make sure McGrady dont go elsewhere surpassing them for a team that has more cap space. I see Portland doing it if they can move Miller for Lee from NY and ship us Bayless/Outlaw for Andersen/Lowry and maybe Taylor/Budinger. Then we will swallow Curry/Jeffries for another year, but so what, your're set for the offseason in 2011 anyways. Then we'll lose Brooks+fillers like Battier/Hayes/Cook to Washington for basically a Butler swap+Haywood. I'll do it, gotta make space for Bayless/Conroy/Llull anyways next season. So basically we'd have Scola (resigned), Yao, Ariza, Dorsey, Landry, Gallinari, Butler, Bayless, Llull, Outlaw (MLE), expiring Curry/Jeffries and Conroy.

5:Yao/Dorsey/Curry
    4:Scola/Landry/Gallinari
    3:Butler/Outlaw/Gallinari
    2:Ariza/Llull
    1:Bayless/Conroy

5:Yao/Curry/Dorsey
    4:Gallinari/Scola/Landry
    3:Landry/Outlaw/Ariza
    2:Butler/Ariza/Llull
    1:Bayless/Llull/Conroy

You have Outlaw/Haywood expiring this year.
    You have Curry/Jeffries/Butler/Landry expiring after next year.

Resign Scola, extend Landry, Buyout Llull contract in Europe, sign Llull next season. Sign Outlaw to the MLE and let Haywood walk. The following year resign Butler. The whole point is collect bargains, assets, free up more space, make moves for short term contracts and sign and trade players.

Notice our versatility. I think Brooks has already hit his peak and Bayless has yet to show what he can do, but i know he tore up the summer league. Basically the move is bilateral of swapping Brooks for Butler, free up space, giving them defense and locker room guys to clear up gun disputes and Brooks replaces Arenas who is finished in Washington and for the year. I know Flip Saunders said for his age even he can score and lite up their best players, because they lack defense.

Yet NY and Portland are still on our radar for some reason, must be a reason. They are after Haywood? Again, they was after Lee before that. They was after Foster who is needed more now in Indiana do to being riddled with injuries. Lee is better then Haywood and Lee already said he'd sign in Portland.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Yay...more of this...<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyMdShjtEfw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyMdShjtEfw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

12. towW

towW Member

[​IMG]

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A Brian Cook mix actually exists? Amazing.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Or that Chuck is in a lot more pain than we know.

1 person likes this.
  15. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Showcasing possible trade sweetners at the same Time sending a message to starters and our role players. I actually like Dorsey I just think he needs more games to get into a feel. Doods HUGE!

16. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I feel sorry for JT.

17. Iron21

Iron21 Member

Brian Cook?

#1 seed, here we come! :cool:

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Agree with the Andersen part.

19. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

I feel sorry for B.Cook man...I was out the Phoenix game and man did he look like he hated life after Joey Dorsey went in the game...Give the man 2 minutes so he doesnt end up killing himself

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Showcasing certain players is one thing; tanking's another. Adelman and Morey know that tanking would likely only keep the team in this rut of not advancing far in the playoffs for even longer. This team won't tank.