1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman hinting at tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 1, 2010.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I, for one, would welcome a starting lineup of:

PG: Conroy
    SG: Taylor
    SF: Budinger
    PF: Cook
    C: Dorsey

It'd be awesome and for the lulz if Adelman went with that lineup for one quarter.

2. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

And playing Ariza so many minutes did not imply at tanking? :p

Seriously, I would like to see a starting lineup of :

Joey
    Carl
    Mr. Brick
    Bud
    Brooks

Let's develop these guys. We already know what Shane, Luis, Chuck, Lowry and even David bring to the table and should limit their minutes. Let's save them for next year.

And I am not talking about tanking, I want them to go out there and give it all they got and see how much they can improve.

And in Mr. Brick's case, let's see how good he is at LIMBO. :grin:

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Why not ??? it's not like we are going to do anything if we went to the playoff, if we go to the playoff we gonna face either #2 or #1, if we tank we can get one of the top 10 picks in the draft, I don't see it as bad idea...??

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

so then why not just allow tmac to come play? if we aren't getting it done the "right way" why not attempt to insert him in the line up. if he can't play then you send him away again, it doesn't cost the team to activate him, and right now they are just losing money

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Why do you guys so negative? If Dorsey can get more playing time, he may develop into a decent post player.

6. LifeisButaDream

and this guy[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why not try everyone?

DD

8. herro

herro Member

Tank Tankersley and not a moment too soon.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Starting a thread in the GARM forum with "tanking" in the title is like yelling "fire" in a theater. It just shouldn't be done.

10. Mr. Space City

brian cook i gonna prove all you doubters wrong

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, quite the opposite. Rick is hinting at a major winning streak. One where we blow out teams so badly that those two get playing time.

The current rotation isn't working, RA is just fiddling with the rotation...

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

This season's an experiment. Our real purpose is not to win games, but to find what works and what doesn't. Obviously Battriza does not, as our Rick is JUST finding that out, so he's going to try the new guys out. If we make the playoffs, great, more experience and development for the guys. If not, also great, for we get a chance to land a young potential.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Who ever is going to get this guy is a lucky lucky team.

14. PeppermintCandy

Mostly Andersen, IMO. His defense was especially atrocious vs. Phoenix, and I think Adelman's looking for an option when David struggles again.

I wouldn't mind Dorsey getting some minutes but it's too bad it has to come when Lowry is out. Having a stable PG presence would really help his game.

Then again, Cook may surprise everyone by going "Juwan Howard" on us. Probably not.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Talk about perfect picture

16. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

nope. aaron brooks > john "hits the" wall

wall =bust. thank god we dont have the #1 pick. some years i just sit back and laugh at teams that draft #1 and see the fans all happy but i already know the guy is a bust before the fans do. yes i might as well be nostradamus greatx10 grandson.

oden could easily tell he would be a bust based on him being abused in college by carl landry....wall would have to hit 50 in a game atleast once for me to put him in the "wade" department. now, he may be rose but so what, rose didnt scare me when they came here,brad miller and salmons tore us up(ironically the same 2 we could have had for tmac)

its easy to know that olowakandi,rose,oden,wall,bargnani,bogut would all be busts yet somehow a gm got paid alot of money to draft these big loafs. and yes rose is a bust because you dont draft a guy #1 just to be a borderline allstar.

17. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Im not in favor for tanking.
    lets be realistic we have a very very small chance on getting Wall. even if we tank.
    this is a crazy idea so dont crucify for this
    we trade for both iggy and butler,oklahoma city is good but realisticly what are the chances they can keep all the talent they got.
    As a matter a fact in the 2011 2012 i predict many teams trying to cut payroll,Thats when we trade for Durant.or just let butlers contract expire and try to sign durant in the off season
    I smell championship if this could ever happen

18. alethios

alethios Member

We need to get through this season with the least amount of injuries, tank or no tank.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Exactly dude...it would be totally worth it, specially if Ford's mock draft is true about Hassan Whiteside coming out to the 2010 nba draft...LINK
    (7'0 with a 7'6 wingspan, and super athletic)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaMy7ErjKdw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaMy7ErjKdw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    (could be had 10th -14th pick)

--RB

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Why? Dorsey's probably had more real game action with CONROY feeding him the ball than with Lowry. ;)