1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 13, 2011.

?

Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller

1. ADAM SANDLER IS THE ISHT! aka He better than Stiller

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. BEN STILLER IS THE ISHT! aka He better than Sandler

46 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. THEY BOTH ARE ISHT!! Big stinky pile of ISHT! they both suck

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The seem to be of similar acting stature

This is a Fairer poll than the one with Tyler Perry

Rocket River

Please Merge of delete the other thread

2. solid

solid Member

Sandler has had his moments, I thought the "son of the devil" movie (can't remember the name) was hilarious. I like the "water boy" movie too. I saw Jack and Jill, ahhh, not so much. Stiller was hilarious in the first two "meet the parents" movies. Dodge Ball was funny and when he played the "fashion model" Nights at the museum were hits. I voted for Stiller. When he is cast right he is crazy funny. I didn't care much for Tower Heist though.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There's Something About Mary makes this no comparison. And Stiller's costar buddy Owen Wilson is a lot better than Sandler's Rob Schneider.

4. No Worries

No Worries Member

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No one makes me bleed my own blood.

7. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

stiller still tries to be funny, and not the same character in every film

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

You thought I didn't know what a eugooglizer was?

9. snc

snc Member

Adam Sandler hasn't been funny since Happy Gilmore, and I haven't seen that since I was like 14 so I don't even know if it actually is funny. Ben Stiller isn't the funniest person alive but definitely has not had nose-dive Sandler has. Tropic Thunder was pretty good.

Also Stiller directed this, one of the most underrated comedies IMO:

[​IMG]

10. francis 4 prez

sandler isn't unfunny and has been shockingly consistent at the box office but there really aren't that many movies he's been in that i care that much about. i wasn't much of a fan of the early billy madison/happy gilmore/little nicky stuff, and in the last 10 years that "the longest yard" remake might be the thing i've liked most, and that's not saying a lot.

meanwhile, stiller has got Meet the Parents, Night at the Museum, and Dodgeball that i really liked. and then he not only starred in but directed Tropic Thunder, which i thought was hysterical and one of the funniest movies of recent years. i'd take that over all of sandler's stuff combined. also, his "como estan b****es" cameo in anchorman and that impression of him that bradley cooper did in wedding crashers were pretty funny.

however, i will say that i had high hopes for Tower Heist and i thought it was pretty damn unfunny. it tried to be ocean's eleven and didn't come close.

11. Uprising

Uprising Member

Is that picture from The Cable Guy? What a TERRIBLE movie.

12. aghast

aghast Member

Sandler loses, if only for this (and really, for a career of this), now playing at your local multiplex:

[​IMG]

I'm curious about their non-comedic roles, their efforts to escape the shticks they've built up/relied upon for decades. Sandler in Funny People alluded to the sh---y movies he makes for the money, then he goes right back out and makes sh---y movies for money. How does the picture above compare to MerMan, all the fake hack work he was making fun of?

[​IMG]

And Funny People wasn't all that funny, or good. I thought he was great in Punch Drunk Love, however, as was the movie.

Stiller, however, has done serious roles in Permanent Midnight, where he did his heroin addict best, and he also carried Greenberg, as a shiftless layabout. I think Stiller has the greater range, but that's mostly because he also writes/directs.

But nothing Stiller does is as singularly good as a Sandler rage-out -- "Get your supervisor on the phone!" (NSFW -- language):
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oE2FCCZ50VU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Adam in the 90s >>> Ben Stiller ever in his career
    Ben Stiller >>> Adam Sandler post Waterboy.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

I was tempted to vote neither since both have annoyed me, but Stiller has done better movies than Sandler (Dodgeball, Museum films). A really underrated film that pushed Stiller over the top was Keeping the Faith with Edward Norton and Jenna Elfman (who was fine in the movie).

15. Two Sandwiches

Adam Sandler at his best (ie Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore) was way better than Stiller has ever been.

Billy Madison has given Sandler a ton of credit in my book. Happy Gilmore was greatness, too.

Since then, I haven't really enjoyed many of Sandler's movies. It's like he can't pick movies to fit his personality anymore. It's really a shame. He could have been one of the great ones.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I feel like Ben Stiller can actually act.

Adam Sanlder just acts like himself.

That said, I have enjoyed both, though Sandler movies have been especially bad lately.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Waterboy and Happy Gilmore and probably my Fav Sandler Movies
    Tropic Thunder is probably my Fav Stiller Movie.

based on pure quotability *grin*

Stiller got my vote though. Underrated Movie: The Zero Effect
    I think Stiller does alot of supporting actor roles that are great too
    [Starsky and Hutch . . sucked but it grew on me a bit]

Rocket River

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Stiller: "He better" (what happened to verbs? :confused: ) than Sandler and it's not even close.