1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Whenever MT plays Gordy's song parodies, it makes me want to punch Gordy in the face through the radio

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't get the love affair for Matt Thomas and I never have.

It's amazing how quickly things change.

A few years back my radio never touched 610. Now? It's all I listen to for Sports unless a commercial really drags and I click over to 790.

Meltzer and Seth Payne are the best gig in town and they are what poached me to 610. Couldn't stand the MT show, switched to them at lunch and just stopped messing with the dial. I don't listen to any of them on the drive home anymore because I think all of the drive home shows are bad, but morning I prefer 610 to 790 now (can't believe I feel this way despite my dislike of Lopez) and lunch isn't even a contest.

1 person likes this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Some of them were so bad they were good? Yeah, I always wanted to call up there when Gordy was hosting and kiddingly ask "hey, do your parents know you're on the radio?" Or "when are you hitting puberty..?" :p

4. magman

magman Member

Hopefully Matt's crazy callers and drunk callers keep calling him in the morning, there was nothing better than hearing Matt get frustrated with bad callers.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Matt Thomas is the smartest man in sports radio.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Surprised so many like ND and Koch show. I don't care to listen about Football the entire time.

Matt Thomas is hilarious. He knows more Astros / Rockets / U of H than anyone on that station. He makes it very entertaining.

I hope this really goes well because I don't like LZ.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I understand your issue with ND and Greg... I reckon I know they will really only discuss football, but I appreciate their background as players and I like that they don't pretend to be experts about or be silly about topics outside football (ie. Payne) nor simply te the Texan company line (ie 610). Plus, they don't have John McClain on (ever), so that helps.

Payne simply sounds like a big dufus... and usually is wrong with his takes. As soon as I hear his voice I change the station. In fact, I usually change earlier so I can avoid hearing him at all.

8. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

AC is an avid poster on here, and a pretty good dude. Nice to see everyone being keyboard warriors and calling him a douche.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Shut up, AC.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Easy to sit behind the keyboard and call people a douche based on one singular experience.

I loved AC's old one-hour show on 610 back in the day with the fake Rome intro and actively encouraging people to bash the Utah Jazz.

I rarely catch anything but the last few minutes of PGS lately, but I'd rather listen to that all day than ND Kalu and Greg Koch consistently pushing outdated, misogynistic takes.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're crazy Meltzer has the most annoying voice on Houston radio. He also comes off as a pouty child.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Matt Thomas is just great pure entertainment. When they put mohr on, it was the worst move ever. I switched to seth and Meltzer. Seth is awesome, I like his takes and whenever he gets genuinuely angry and then apologizes again two segments Later.

But when MT came back on, it was all 790 again.

I got increasingly frustrated with ACs role. AC has legit basketball knowledge. But Michael Conner has more overall knowledge than him. So of course AC couldn't keep up with LZ. At times I wished AC would just stick to his guns even when he knew his arguments were flawed.

I am a big LZ fan. He really seems overall impartial to people with crazy takes. I do hate when he tries to sneak in the "....yea the (insert non football Houston pro team here) are doing good but I really want to get to this take about an offensive of lineman". He can legit talk sports.

Its going to be interesting during the morning. I have no hope for AC in the afternoon. Sean Jones is waaaaay too old school.

For me the best move of all is being able to listen to Charlie until 7. Sometimes my commute runs until about 6:30. After 6 I would change it over to 610.

NO ONE in the radio world annoys me more than Jason bradock (not sure if that's his name) the Texans radio guy. OMG. That guy is terrible. Oh wait someone does annoy me more...mark vandameer, he is such a Texans kiss ass. I hate when a guy is not sincere and I get it the Texans pay him. bla bla bla...I dont trust that he is genuine so I dont listen to him. Mostly its his voice though.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Completely agree. Sometimes my commute doesn't start until 6 or later.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

I listened to PGS for about 20 mins on my drive in to work

It was boring AF

MT deserves his own show and LZ is just turribol

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Too much "egg ball" talk for you, huh?

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is not going to end well. Can't have two guys duking it for talking time.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i hate all of you. i love PGS and matt thomas and i wish they had kept them separate. i can tell NPGS is going to be good with matt and ross moving over to join lance but damn, i think they both deserve separate shows. AC is good but i like lance more.

610 is absolutely freaking awful. texans talk or "who's the hottest chick ___________????" take your pick!

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think this will work. I used to like listening to Clanton but he is awful at carrying/leading a show, and Lance clearly has to be in the sidekick/analyst role to work IMO. Matt is much better at carrying the show.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

Yeah that's part of the reason but they just don't fit well

Both love to hog the radio talk and there is no chemistry. MT is only 2nd to CP in sports radio Houston and deserves his own show.

LZ had AC on the leash in the former PGS so it was flowing better.

Now they have 3 garbage shows - 1) PGS, 2)Cook and Kalu or whatever their names and 3) AC and a new random guy

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A guy who hates American football listens to Houston sports talk radio? :confused: :confused: