1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is midday the biggest radio market? I think this has to be a white flag to give the lunch time to MAD radio, which has probably won over a lot of listeners at least for the season. At the very least, AC is local and not Rome or Mohr

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised by this. Wasn't MT like tops in ratings for his time slot? Didn't think they would mess with that.

Hopefully this works. I can't say that LZ and AC were any great shakes in the morning. I really enjoy Lance so I'd probably like him with just about anyone. Maybe AC and Sean Jones will work well together.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sean Jones

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Why can't they get Sean Jones with LZ, 2 football guys makes sense. MT and AC make a way better pairing also, rockets guys with similar humor.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Theresa from 94.5 The Buzz

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Should be interesting. I always felt like AC was mainly there to egg Lance on.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The tell was how much better the show was when Lance hosted with literally everybody else but Clanton. LZ and Chris Solis, his brother, Michael O'Connor- all of these shows were better than the usual show with Clanton.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I listen to 790 religiously most times when I drive alone without the S/O and I must say LZ was the worst amongst all radio shows.

PGS was a joke with Lance with his lame jokes and constant fake tough guy sport egg ball talk and always shutting down Adam. Clanton was too beta to stand up for himself. LZ used to dominate that show with AC just a lap dog. Hopefully MT and LZ fair better. If I were to rate them all:

1. CP
    2. MT
    3 / 4 LZ and AC - Both suck

Even Ross and Michael Connor are better than LZ and AC and Chris Gordi has a really bad voice for radio

10. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Noooo!! I'm going to miss mt and Ross. :(

11. papadrunk

papadrunk Member

IMO, 790 is setting up AC to fail. I can't see AC winning any ratings at the midday time slot. And, I can't say I blame them. AC and his boy took over our table at a Texans' draft party several years ago and I can honestly state that AC is a douche. Dude completely ignored those around him and was more concerned checking his twitter account rather than interacting with his minions surrounding him. His boy (I forget his name, but he's a Titans fan) is very personable and a cool dude. We spent the entire time conversing with him all night. My friends surmised AC brings his boy around to help minimize AC's arrogance.

The best thing 610 did was to get rid of Josh Innes. As a result, I'll be tuning in more often to Seth/Melzter and the Triple Threat. I don't get into the office until 9ish, so sadly, I won't have an opportunity to follow MT any longer.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

AC seems like he'd do better solo.... but wouldn't be as good as Pallilo/Thomas, so not sure where 790 would go with that.

MT can fit in anywhere. Lance is still valuable with football talk. AC seems to be no better (or worse) than a knowledgable BBS poster... which has a role in sports-talk radio, but doesn't really tip the needle.

ND/Greg (for guys with zero radio background) end up being more entertaining than the morning show... which shouldn't happen, but it just comes more naturally to them. AC/LZ always seemed to have to force their bits... whereas LZ/Granato set the bar for what morning sports-talk radio should be here.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Mt has had the worst rated show for the last few years. I am surprised he hasnt been fired. Matt and adam were fired for less.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I believe CP and MT are untouchables

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I haven't liked Lance since the Granato show. Between the boring phony calls and his lame efforts to schluff off his being pointed out wrong, I will even listen to national shows before his morning show. i much prefer 610.

I grew to like Matt Thomas. Took a while since I didn't like his game show bit. Hoping he doesn't let Lance drag him down.

I usually go 610, to ND and Greg, through Matt and Charlie. I avoid Lance, Seth Payne, and Rich Lord.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

100% and holy **** I thought it was just me. Matt is hands down my favorite, and while I used to really like Lance lately his takes have been extremely ignorant.

As for Adam, eh...he loves the Rockets so he's okay with me, but I'm going to miss Matt and Ross at lunch. They always made me laugh.

17. Nero

Nero Member

They'll put Matt back at lunchtime soon, too many people loved that in the middle of the day. The complaints will start rolling in soon. Nothing against AC, just MT needs to have his own show with Ross as sidekick, and it needs to be when I am eating lunch, damnit!

His whole shtick is that of the megalomaniac super-important major market radio host, clowning on himself. I don't know how that is going to mesh with LZ on a daily basis.

And what about MC? If there was one guy I was tired of, it was MC, so maybe Ross comes to the morning show as well..?

Bah, I don't like these changes!

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Matt posted on facebook that Ross will be joining him and Lance in the mornings. That's good to hear.

And also, Ross and some other guy will have their own weekend show.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THIS. I'm amazed that they keep putting him on the air. His voice is so very distracting and frustrating to listen to. Makes me want to clear my throat every time he talks.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member