1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

If you are in Dallas and not listening to the ticket you are doing it wrong.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

First weekday after the first football weekend of the year... let's talk about getting gum stuck in your hair for an hour. Worse than the 45 straight minutes of Sharknado coverage.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

oh my ****n goodness. i finally got a chance to listen to the morning show because i had a longer than normal commute. as much as i dislike 610, this segment turned me off so much i switched over. when 610 went to commercial 10 minutes later, they were still talking about the gum. this is what they replaced matt and adam with?:mad::rolleyes::(

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lance got gum in his hair so they talked about it my whole drive home. Terrible man.

5. conquistador#11

yeah it's terrible. Jackson since his alliance is to a bay team would do that a lot, on days after the game he would derail the conversation to cheesy topics or stuff that was being covered to death by espen. Now I understand the appreciation for charlie "I slept with your mother" Palilio. I know listen to him! an ironic twist of fate. =)

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I enjoy their show so far

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I remember listening to John and Lance back in college when Jackass first premiered, they spent a while talking about that and got some pretty decent calls.

8. Illegal Machine

It's not that bad. Better than Wright and Lopez. Both stations are saturated with commercials.

Adam/Lance in the AM.
    I listen to Jay Mohr. I think he's hilarious.
    Matt Thomas
    Sean/John on the way home

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wake up- Listen to Opie and Anthony while getting ready for work and on the drive in. No more AM radio.

Get to work- Howard Stern West Coast Feed.

Afternoon- Jason Ellis on Faction.

In other words, all Sirius/XM, all day. AM radio is no longer in my vocabulary.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hope they're reading this. You don't get paid to lollygag.

Stick to sports. It was one of the reasons I could never stand Lance and John's show a long time ago.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's still better than 610/lopez.

Last football season, if I was in my car and had to drive during a Texans game, I left it on 610 to obviously listen to the game. But Monday mornings, I'd forget that 610 was on and I'd have to hear lopez. Hated that.

Now I only do 100.3 so in case I forget to change it so I don't have to hear lopez.

By the way, lopez, you suck. Go away.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

If the show is called Adam and Lance then he is grammatically correct.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Do pure sorts guys really give you any insight? I find that I know more than the radio hosts most of the time and don't generally care about their opinions. Matt Thomas is a pure entertainer which is why he is the best in houston, at least IMO. But I definitely don't mind listening to lance and Adam, they are better than wex and Adam were. I listen purely for entertainment. There is a reason I don't read anything written in the chron sports section or watch ESPN, I don't need to be told my sports opinions

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the gum this morning was a bit annoying. Ok, a couple of segments of it...fine. But it got old quick. Lance would get off topic and then Adam would bring it up again. Had to turn it to Howard

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hate it when they just talk sports. Is Ed Reed going to play? Who should be the backup QB? TJ or Case?

Usually the morning show and absurdity of the callers make me laugh.

16. macalu

my ideal sports radio guy would be 75% charlie palillo and 25% matt thomas. palillo is the smartest and most informed sports person i know and matt thomas can inject enough levity that'll balance palillo's somewhat flat personality.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I really can't stand Palillo. He is he worst for me. I hate purely called driven shows and I don't like his personality. He is no nonsense, a know it all, and kind of a douche to people so sometimes. His always complaining. Attitude wears on me and he talks astros way too much. I'd rather listen to someone that is having fun and keeps it light. Charlie seems like everyone calling his show is wasting his time. Not to motion I disagree with a lot of his takes (and I don't find him particularly knowledgable a out football) I turn 790 off when Matt Thomas is over, it's podcast time after that.

18. macalu

it's like being a cop. you deal with enough idiots and eventually you assume everyone is one. when he does get a good caller he gives them credit. i don't have a problem with him calling them out when they make broad generalizations that aren't true.

last week someone called to say how predictable the Texans were. Palillo reeled off some numbers that showed that claim simply wasn't true. it was something about within the last 3 years the Texans are the number one team in terms of yardage on first down. if they were so predictable, why aren't opponents stopping them? it's hard to disagree with that. charlie's definitely not for everyone though.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't disagree with that. I just think its dull when the whole show consists of Charlie trying to prove morons wrong. Gets old real fast. Or maybe he should stop taking so many calls, I don't think he is incapable of branching out, but his show def doesn't have a lot of variety to it.

20. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The last few months have just been an exceptionally boring time for sports radio. Astros are terrible, football season hadn't started yet, no basketball, hard to find interesting topics to discuss for hours on end in that situation.

I do think that 790 has gone down hill with their line up change though. I liked Charlie and Lance together, matt and adam weren't great, but they weren't any worse than lance and adam have been so far, and matt thomas at lunch time was better than Jay Mohr, who generally annoys me.