1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actually i have to admit that i miss steve so much!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan.china, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. zong

zong Member

I miss something.china.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How are we going to win 5 titles in 10 years??

I like changing people's opinions!

People have the right to express their emotional opinions. We are Rockets fans not Laker fans.

Bobby Sura, I miss him!

Tyler, you are the Edward Norton and I am the Brad Pitt of Clutch BBS.
    :D

3. HoustonForever

I wish us best success with T-Mac, but I'll always miss Steve. Despite missing the playoffs for four consecutive seasons, he was a ray of light during some dark, melancholy years. His contributions to the Rockets will be long remembered, certainly by me.

4. PXZ

PXZ Member

Which Francis are you talking about? The last time I checked, his FG% this season is 43%. His stats so far

21.5 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 6.4 rpg, 43% FG

TMac's stats so far

19.9 ppg, 4.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 41% FG.

5. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

Opinions shinions, yall don't have opinions, all yall do is b****. If people are just going to keep ragging on our coach, our players, our management, our team, they might as well go bandwagon on some Faker forum. Instead of bandwaggoning here.

As for your pitiable attempt at belittling me... You best check yourself...

[​IMG]

6. knwldg

knwldg Member

I miss:

Nerves Pervis
    Sweet Lou (Black Majic)
    Mad Max (Playing Da Bulls)
    World B.
    The Giant Killer
    The Dream
    Mitch
    Bobby Joe
    The Glyde
    Shoot, I even miss all the Jones brothers.

7. knwldg

knwldg Member

opps, meant Black Magic

8. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Damn....Thats probably more than Yao.

9. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I missed the time when you were not starting the thread like this!:rolleyes:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Check yourself before you Wreck yourself
    Check yourself before you Wreck yourself!
    Tyler droppin the old school :p

What do you expect us to be saying? This isnt a lovefest, we as Rocket fans, spend money and our precious time, we want only the best.

We arent the Clippers. We arent just satisified with a .500 season.

We have higher standards as Rocket fans, and if these standards are not met, we get angry and emotional!

For $20-$200 we can buy a ticket to watch the Rockets, or pay for NBA league pass or cable TV.

We could easily watch something else, like repeats of Law and order, but we choose to watch the Rockets, cause we want to see something special, we want to see something exciting.

What do you expect to happen, ESPECIALLY after we lost the Atlanta Hawks!

If you are happy with this and you know it, then clap your hands!!

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Bullard
    Malloney
    Price
    Peterson
    Drew
    Jamerson
    Brooks
    Rudy
    Dunleavy
    Petruska

12. knwldg

knwldg Member

I miss the way Charles Jones would come in and try to bang against big body players and would not give up an inch of ground, even though he was kinda lanky. And the way he would run down the court hunched over looking like he was using a walker to get down the court, and every once in a while he would get a pass while cutting and seem to morph into a athletic young baller and flush it with two hands. Then run down the court with a reminiscent grin like he had the best job in the world. That is heart, that is love of the game. He wasn't a star player, but he played as hard as anyone I have ever seen. That is what I miss.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I miss Willis,
    why doesn't he post on this thread?
    I must have scared him away with my genius and creativity.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Oh...so Brad knows Kung Fu...

15. rocket3forlife2

we can't forget we lost one of our best 2guards in rocket's history.and one of the best back up centers in the leauge last year also.so basicaly we broke up our team for one player.when T mac is off liek he was the other night most likley we will lose.last year when steve was off cat always had his back and vise versa.

I agree and iam kind of glad we traded him cause it didn't make no sense how this board bashed him last year.we as fans need to learn how to take the good with the bad sometimes.seems like every body is looking for the perfect player.I don't know to many players that don't have flaws in there game.

shaq- can't shoot free throws
    duncan-not that good at free throws
    kobe-selfish want to be jordan
    paul pierce-turn over prone.
    Amaré Stoudemire.-dosent have a outside shoot
    and so on.
    I believe that if your leader is a rah rah type guy then everybody else will be also.francis was the head talking player wise also the heart.I mean macgrady is a better player,but we still lost alot in this trade trying to come up to quick.

16. rocket3forlife2

there is really nothing we can do now ,but ride it out and hope that this deal dosen't become a bust.iam still not gonna give up on the rocket's ,but watching so far we look like a team going nowhere.

17. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

Tmac?

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you just can't fairly make the judgment after 9 games...particuarly when the star you traded for missed a couple and your starting PG has yet to take the court. it's a rush judgment. a snap.

19. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I really miss Calvin Murphy too.

I am already tired of Coach Van from 'Missispi' - he is out of his depth.

20. BradS02

BradS02 Member

honestly... you guys need to shut the hell up about the rockets making the wrong move in trading franchise.... he was a horrible fit for the rockets and he averaged the most turnovers per game for any active player.... thats the bottom line.... give tmac a freakin chance.... ****.... this is his first season in the west.... new coach... NEW TEAM... NEW GAME PLAN..... God, give it a rest... and by the way.... all ya'll saying that we should fire jvg are just plain stupid.... hes the best thing that has happened to the rockets in a long time.... and rudy t HAD to leave... he totally screwed us with his TERRIBLE draft picks.... and he didnt make the playoffs for 4 years... and jvg comes in and makes the playoffs... and ya'll still b****... crap... stop being so damn fair weathered.... GO ROCKETS