1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actually i have to admit that i miss steve so much!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan.china, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Summer Song Giver

Since the trade chise has been the best player involved in that trade. Grumpy just didn't like him.

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Contributing Member

Because he is putting up better stats? Let me tell you, whether its before the trade, after the trade, during the trade, i don't care. Steve Francis will NEVER become a better player than McGrady.

He may play harder, but he will never play smarter. He may have more heart, but he will never have more talent.

I admire Steve, the person. I cringed at Steve, the basketball player. If Tmac played with the heart and intensity of Steve, he may become the GOAT. But as is, he is still better than Steve ever was or will be. No matter what stats they put up.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't miss Steve at all. And I'm more than content with what we got in return.

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I miss all of the hot Latina powerdancers!

5. Summer Song Giver

It would not be that hard for Chise to have the greater legacy of the two. How well their teams play and championships won will determine their legacies and when the trade was made both players start with a clean slate, the only thing that matters is what is done in the future and in the immediate future after that trade that is now the past I ask you who was the best player in that trade and which team made out better?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Talent alone does not a player make. . . . .

Rocket River

7. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

Talent will only get you so far. Passion and hustle is something that is hard to measure. Thats the diffrence between Kobe and T Mac. Thats the diff. between Steve and most other points. He may make mistakes but I feel he makes up for it with hustling more than anyone else on the floor. When your star player plays with hustle it then carries over to the rest of the team,and the same in reverse works with a star player who doesn't play as hard.

Also Steve is a playmaker who handles the ball more than anyone else on the team you expect him to make some turnovers, whats Yao's excuse?

Steve is dirrecting a team that is brand new and is running. Remember how soooo many of you blamed Steve for our lack of fastbrakes; but we now see its not the player. Like Steve said "If we don't practice fastbrakes you can't expect ot do it well in the game."

8. Tyler Durden

Wrong.

Talent is the basis for any player. No matter how hard Ryan Bowen works, no matter how much heart he has, he will never be as good as KG.

Talent is not everything. And if a player relies solely on talent, he will never reach his full potential. If a player is slightly more talented than another, but doesn't work as hard, or doesn't have the heart, he will not be as good.

However, the disparity of talent between Steven and Mcgrady is too great to be made up by intangibles.

9. Tyler Durden

Tmac, by far.

Us.

10. Summer Song Giver

In ten years I hope your answer is the same and not just because you are facetious

11. Tyler Durden

Exactly. Because Tmac and Kobe are similar talentwise. Tmac and Steve are NOT.

The difference between Steve and most other point guards is that Steve is not a point guard. Or at least he doesn't play like one.

Any point guard who stops the entire offense to put on a dribbling, and1, juking exhibition will make me barf.

A PG who turns the ball over is common place. Kidd turns the ball over. Marbury turns the ball over. They may not turn it over as often as Steve, but they all do. However, having you been watching how Steve turns it over??

When Steve dribbles for 15 seconds and the ball bounces off his knee. Or when he puts on the nitro crossover and crosses his ass over out of bounds. That has nothing to do with "playmaking".

Tmac is a playmaker, do you see him making dumb TO like Steve did?

As for Yao... Hakeem turned it over more than Yao. Whats his excuse?

We didn't blame Steve for not running fastbreaks. We blamed him for running HORRIBLE fastbreaks when he did. 9 times out of 10, on a 3 v 1 break, he will end up trying to jump over that one lone defender and cause a offensive foul. Another dumb turnover. Ho Hum.

#71 Tyler Durden, Nov 18, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  12. Tyler Durden

10 years and 5 titles from now, my answer won't change.

My opinions don't change game by game like some of you.

13. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I MISS CALVIN!!!

FREE CALVIN

14. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I miss Lisa

15. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

Go Steve. I see some are still hating on you even though you are winning now.

"F" Gundy. I see some are still on your nuts even though you are breaking up a Franchise.

16. Tyler Durden

I don't know how many times i said i loved Steve's heart, not my fault he was a dumbass.

Some people need to check what site they are posting on. This is Clutchcity.net, not ****ing disneyland**********.

Take your coach hating, player hating attitude to the Magic forum.

17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I can't believe that anyone would compare T-Mac to SF.

T-Mac owns SF. I'm not saying that SF doesn't play with heart and desire. He plays with that more than most, because he has to.

18. Summer Song Giver

yeah, cuz he's a no talent guy who has to rely on pure hustle, juaqin hawkins, ryan bowen and steve francis, three peas in a pod :rolleyes:

19. HoustonForever

I miss Drexler.

20. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Steve is still my fav player but he wouldve never gotten anywhere with Van Gundy. He wouldnt let him do the things that he is able to do in Orlando right now. He is becoming a human highlight reel and putting up monster dunks almost every night. I wish he was still here but I am happy for him in Orlando. We wouldve even been better if we had Cat or Cato still but oh well.....we will never know. I at least have one exciting team to try to watch since the Rockets have gotten so boring. That will change though in time hopefully.