1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actress with Down Syndrome from Family Guy ep tells Palin to suck it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

picking on her about her hand is one thing...but her kids is another. I think she has every right to be upset when they bring her kids into it - which they seem to do a lot more than they do to other politicians.

2. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

I never said that was fine... The undeniable truth is there are few Satiric pieces on TV today that point the finger at anyone other than Republicans. Also, making fun of someones family is WAY out of line. Really though no one should be compaired to Nazis, that is taking it too far.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She does have a right to be upset. Although when she is only selectively upset, I have to wonder how genuine her indignation is.

4. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

I am proud of this girl for her comments. So many people act 'politically correct' in regards to people with special needs. The fact her family taught her to laugh at life and understand it with the expectations of being treated different is a testimony to the strong parents she has. She is not upset with the cards dealt.......she embraces it.

She should be the spokesperson for the handicapped.

(By the way, Long time Lurker (July 06)......finally started an account and look forward to posting with the creative minds at work here. Good group of people. I have enjoyed this forum for many years and look forward to many more. Cheers!)

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

Are you suggesting we attack wildebeests?

[​IMG]

Gary Gnu hates this idea!

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

To be fair, Palin has made her kids into public figures.

It is possible to keep your children "off limits" in politics.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and her avid supporters have pimped trig too to hype their own interests/agenda so they have absolutely no right to complain.

proof:
    basso's sig

8. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

stop while you can... SamFisher will just accuse you of being a banned member returning under a new account... it's really annoying.

9. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

If anyone on here has kids with special needs please let me know so I can make fun of them.. thanks

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Bingo. Bing-****ing-o.

First she gets on Rahm Emanuel for using "r****d" in a derogatory sense. Then she defends Rush Limbaugh for using it because he used it in "satire" (which he really didn't). Then she attacks Family Guy for using it in an animated comedy cartoon (obviously satire).

Either she's insane, or she just fears Rush Limbaugh that much. Either way, it's pathetic. What's more pathetic is that people still view her as important or useful in political discourse.

11. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

hey I'd fear Rush if i was a conservative running for office.. he has a tremendous number of followers. and now I'm not one, I can't stand the guy

12. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

that should say *no I'm not one. i wish i could edit my posts.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

drop $20 to clutch

14. vlaurelio

so she's a hypocrite

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

At risk of looking like a complete hypocrite? I guess this is why I could never be a politician -- I can't just look stupid like that.

16. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

don't start attacking, i said from the begining I'm not a Palin fan... I just said that attacking her family is wrong, and calling her a Nazi is wrong.. I just think there are some lines you don't cross.

17. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

I agree.. I said it once and I'll say it again... Politicians are LIARS, Political talking heads (hannity, rush, beck, maddow, oberman) are LIARS.. they have an agenda and they will say and do anything to push that agenda.. that's politics.

18. vlaurelio

why does an opinion/discussion always have to be an attack?

she is defending her family from attacks only from people she don't fear

but people she fears get a free pass at her family

isn't that hyprocrisy?

19. Pop Rox

Pop Rox Member

I was thinking about it, but the way SamFisher always harrasses me and tries to discredit me by saying I'm a banned user who's returned, it makes me wonder how long I will actually keep posting.. It seems like there are alot of people on here who just want to attack you for your opinion instead of giving their side or listening to someone elses POV...

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Problem is that most of your opinions have be completely debunked in the past on this board. So you've got that working against you. If you paid the $20 not only could you edit your posts but you'd have access to the search function for past discussions.