1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actor Eddie Griffin totals a Ferrari Enzo...and it's not his!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Phil, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Wow! This is hilarious! Sadek must still be going crazy over his decision to let Griffin drive this car...
    --------

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=99&id=2814204

<b>Griffin wrecks Ferrari Enzo practicing for race</b>

Associated Press

IRWINDALE, Calif. -- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one his past films, said after the accident.

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

Eddie Griffin stands next to the rare Ferrari Enzo he crashed Monday.
    "He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I read that this morning and man that sux...Does he help pay for it? That is the question...Insurance brotha...

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!! My pee pee hurts!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!"

I love the smile on Griffins face. Rich spoiled producers get on my nerves.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LI3MV6teOxY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LI3MV6teOxY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

6. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

This is hilariously funny. It could be worse. He could have crashed his own Ferrari.

7. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Man, what a hater

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I don't hate the guy. He's rich. Why did he feel compelled to mention it, unless he wanted to throw some guilt towards Griffin?

What's 1.5 million between millionaires.

Maybe my pee pee hurt, when I read it.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Noooo!!! How many more of these wonderful machines are we going to lose in such ridiculous ways?

Trailer for Redline:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrBp2G3FDVY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrBp2G3FDVY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I've seen commercials for this and didn't even realize Griffin was in it. From reading a bit about this at IMDB and looking at certain credits, the producer is a real estate mogul with a fantastic exotic car collection. I get the feeling he just thought one day that he'd like to make a movie using his cars and came up with a stupid story and hired an actor friend of his with no previous writing credits to come up with a script. A Porsche of his crashed during filming, I'm sure he can write that off though and he could easily get another one.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Publicity stunt?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It got my attention! :eek:

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

That's one expensive publicity stunt.

I mean.. it's one thing to destroy a PS3, but this is ridiculous.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

It look they just copied The Fast and the Furious and put better cars in it. Looks like it'll suck, but with those cars, I'll definitely watch it.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Thing is, it has the cool cars and crashes, but none of the badass camera angles.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They will repair that Enzo ~ they were going to try and fix the Enzo that DaDakota's buddy TOTALLY destroyed going like 170 mph.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

worst part about it is that Eddie isnt even funny.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That Enzo was worth more than Eddie.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you seen dysfunctional family, If not, dont talk,that ****s hilarious.

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

There must be a high correlation between the name "Eddie Griffin" and being a screw up...

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Eddie has never been funny.