1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Action Network) Rockets interested in Aaron Gordon???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Cuttino is coming back????

Patience, Rudyc281 and chadyang like this.
  2. chadyang

chadyang Member

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

And yet they are interested.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe.

Good thing Wood and AG would also have Porter and Tate to test that theory.

And FYI, very few rookies come in and carry you to the playoffs, let alone win.

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets not anywhere close to playoffs right now nevermind winning any playoff games.

And team full of young draft picks won't be winning anytime soon either.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I sure hope they don't do something stupid like this. This is the kind of guy you add to a contender, not the type of guy you handicap a rebuild with.

If I had one iota of confidence that he would look better in a system led by Wall and Dipo as creators, I would say he's an asset we can buy low and sell high on while his salary declines annually. That is not going to happen, those days are gone.

Unless we're getting him for Eric Gordon and little/nothing else, I'll pass.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BRILLIANT... people act like there is an eternity long fan time in front of them

D-rock likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

coachbadlee and D-rock like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

IF we win the lotto and get to keep our pick and IF we then get someone like Cunningham and IF they live up to the hype and IF Kevin Porter Jr gets his head right and IF he plays up to his potential over the next couple years THEN I agree that keeping Wood becomes a lot more important to the team and maybe the organization would even be okay giving him the max (but hopefully not until you attract another max free agent though those guys don't typically want to join a team heavily relying on a bunch of guys 22 and under).

But that's a whole lot that has to go right for us straight out of the gate into this rebuild and I expect it's going to be a longer, more drawn out process.

D-rock, topfive and Reeko like this.
  11. raining threes

I get where you're coming from but,

I think they will be able to get a star level player out of this draft. (Maybe not Cunningham) I also believe that KPJ is going to hold it together now that he's got a much stronger support staff. So you and I probably see the future much differently. To me the future is bright.

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

All Star production on a very economical 3 year deal.

Fits Silas 5 Out system almost perfectly.

How confident are you all that Rockets can luck out on another 5 with his production, length and fit?

All at great cost????

The trade everyone RIGHT NOW faction on CF are being delusional if not downright reckless.

There is still time to trade Wood, if it becomes necessary. His value will only increase.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So, yes to Aaron Gordon, but no to Christian Wood if necessary?

I don't see a Christian Wood trade happening unless the return is just that good. I mean, REAL good.

#54 ROXTXIA, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's like saying, "I hope this roulette wheel hits."

It's not like the team can do anything to increase its odds from where they are now at landing a top 4 pick (and being able to pick a star level player). It's purely a matter of luck from this point forward. That, and being sure not to win too many games.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

More like a 7'0 SF.

Mobley not ready to start at the 5.

Needs to improve his strength and low post technique.

But Mobley is already skilled at switch D and has range all the way to 3.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only reason to bring in AG is because of his fit with both Wood and Porter.

But just as as important is AG fit in Silas 5 Out offense AND switch everything defense.

eliefor3 likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ah, I see. Well, I honestly don't know if AG is a "get" anyway. We only have two f***ing weeks of this waiting left.

D-rock likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well the league doesn't have too many dominant big men for them to have to deal with. They could use bigs like Wood, Gordon(not a fan, btw), MPJ, Collins etc. to stretch the floor to their advantage.

Astrodome and D-rock like this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not at all proposing we rush to trade Wood. There is no hurry whatsoever. I'd evaluate that either next trade deadline or the following offseason. (unless, of course, we get offered something ridiculous). I'm only saying that I don't think Wood is likely to be a big part of our future and that I don't agree with the people crying about winning now to keep Wood happy. If he's a part of our future that would be awesome. I like the kid and I've loved watching his story unfold. But if he doesn't fit the time frame of the rebuild I also wouldn't cry about him being traded if the right deal was offered. That's all.

D-rock likes this.