1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Acoustic Alchemy at the Sambuca Jazz Cafe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoonBus, Jul 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

July 15, 2003

I've never been to Sambuca Jazz Cafe, any comments and/or suggestions?

My 2.5 yr old son love watching the Acoustic Alchemy at St Lucia video, I'm thinking about bringing him there.

Here are some ?'s I hope some of you can answer:
    1) Are children (that young) allowed?
    2) What is the price for admission for a band like that. Both adult & children?
    3) How's the parking for that place?
    4) What time do the bands usually start playing?
    5) Anyone heard them (Acoustic Alchemy) play live?

Any other comments are welcome.

Thanks!

2. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I love their "Beautiful Game" CD. Occasionally I'll use that as my warm-up CD for practicing and just drum along with it because it just has simple grooves and allows you to really loosen up.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I have never seen children at Sambuca. It's really an upscale see/be-seen place. Or at least that's the impression I have gotten from eating there a couple of times. Although I have only been on the weekend, not during the week.

Parking is standard downtown parking - the metered spots are free after 6pm, and there's plenty of garages and surface lots right around there if you can't find a metered spot, but you'll probably end up parking 3-4 blocks away without a doubt. Not really an issue to keep you from going.

You may just want to give them a call on your other questions.

4. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

My friend does sound there. Apparently its a favorite spot for the Mafia.

I've never seen children in there. Like bigtexxx said, its ultraclassy, super-upscale. Remember to dress up.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

my father used to sing there when he was still singing with a big band. it's a great place...really good food...good atmosphere.

6. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Thank you guys for all your replies. It turns out that my wife can't go, so we are cancelling the dinner.

Well at least I learned something about the place. From what I've read, it sounds like a good place for a formal dinner.

Nugget4, if you love the Beautiful Game CD, you may want to check out the video, they play 4 tracks from that CD. I personally love all the tracks from the video. The audio CD version is missing a couple of tracks, however.