1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ackerman picks his MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnnaMegan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Prince

Prince Member

Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Don't care about Ackerman and especially Vanderdork and ugghhhh John Lopez.

What does Gene and Jim think?

1 person likes this.
  3. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Best player in the league this year is Dwight Howard. You could say Rose if your going with the "best player on the best team," argument, but that's about it.

1 person likes this.
  4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

The answer is LBJ no matter what your criteria is.

This is why sports awards mean nothing, because they're entirely based on hype.

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

LBJ is about the last person who should be getting the award. Any team with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh could have the same record the Heat have. Lebron is extraneous.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really hate all of this Rose for MVP talk. He's a very good player - but people are acting like he isn't on an AWESOME team. Noah, Boozer and Deng? I expected them to take a big leap this year and they did. I think a lot of the sports casters are rolling with this because all they talked about in the preseason/early season were the usual suspects and the Heat. So now they have to act like it isn't that they just don't know basketball, it's that Rose is playing out of his mind. He's good - but he is still terribly inefficient.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't take him in a heart beat. He's better than anyone the Rockets have - but if he was on the Heat he'd be the third best player, and I HATE the Heat.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the lakers with shaq and kobe didn't have the best record every year just FYI or even come close to breaking the record and they were the 2 most dominant players at that time.

a lot of things go into team performance. with a lot of stars, chemistry/roles/weaknesses of other positions come into play.

but regardless, dwight howard has been the best player this year. he has been extremely impressive. i never thought he could elevate his offense to nearly match his defense. let's see if he can keep this up in the playoffs and for the rest of his career.

the bulls' defense right now rivals the celtics' defense at its best. and their rebounding dominance is just ridiculous. those 2 things alone surpass what rose brings to the bulls offensively.

i think the reason rose is getting the love is b/c of the low expectations for the bulls coming into the season. nobody thought their defense could be this good this fast. i mean, they were a below average defensive team last year and middle of the pack in terms of rebunding advantage.

i expected rose to be better and he has been better. he is a true superstar. but the bulls' record really increases his worth more than anything. winning can actually make people think you're a better player than you actually are (word to paul pierce, manu, pau gasol...). and rose is the benefit of the bulls' record right now.

but the definition of MVP varies between people. i'm not mad that rose will most likely win the MVP, i just wish he would play like one post all-star break. first half, i actually believed the hype. not so much since the all-star break.

#8 t_mac1, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you would rather have bosh than d rose on the rox?

9. Stilldream'n34

Yao Ming is the MVP. If Yao was playing we would comfortably be in the playoffs and knocking on the door of contention

10. delta69er

delta69er Member

Not really, Lebron has contributed greatly to that team this year and has carried them at times. Also, I don't think any player, if thrown into a situation with D-Wade and Bosh would thrive as Lebron has.

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Chris Paul should be the MVP. He does the most with the least. Who does he have on his team besides West, Okafor, and Landry?

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

and John McClains 'MVP' somehow made a career out of it

13. ThaShark316_28

lol @ lebron being in the top 3

spare me.

14. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Wade is LeBron's daddy.

Wade = MVP.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes is the 2011 MVP of the NBA.

I have no idea who this Ackerman person is.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Couldn't hype be someone's criteria?

17. NMS is the Best

Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT. Cheated on SAT.

1 person likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Dwight Howard.....no question.

He makes that team a contender....like LeBron made Cleveland a contender.

Its really not even close....and I don't even like Howard.

19. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

This

Luol Deng is better than Howards best teammate... and I use him only because Boozer & Noah have had injury trouble. They are both better than Howards best teammate.